Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playmobile Goldfinger James Bond and Aston Martin.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Playmobile Goldfinger James Bond and Aston Martin.

This was a surprise. I wonder if they will do more Bond toys?

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I am really enjoying the Pkaymobil licensed properties, tho I don’t really care for the figures. The cars and accessories are fantastic. Mostly, I find the generic Playmo shape to be not conducive to ‘feeling’ like any given character. Somehow they miss what Lego and FPLP seem to pull off. That said, the Odd Job in this set is the first Playmobil character that gives me the feel of its film counterpart. Must be the hat. The Aston Martin is crazy cool, and the promo movies are pretty fun.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

LOL I remember someone saying they wouldn't allow Mego to get the license because they wanted it for higher end toys like Sideshow... hope this means there is a chance now!

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

This and the a-team van looks really nice but at £70 each I think I will pass on these two the mystery machine, ecto-1, and delorean were nice but not worth that price.
        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that's really cool. Love the ejector seat. And of course they exclude Ms. Galore...

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by rche
            I am really enjoying the Pkaymobil licensed properties, tho I don’t really care for the figures. The cars and accessories are fantastic. Mostly, I find the generic Playmo shape to be not conducive to ‘feeling’ like any given character. Somehow they miss what Lego and FPLP seem to pull off. That said, the Odd Job in this set is the first Playmobil character that gives me the feel of its film counterpart. Must be the hat. The Aston Martin is crazy cool, and the promo movies are pretty fun.
            I feel the same way. It seems a little off. The playmobil human figures are so simple and basic. Their faces are basically smiley faces with polka-dot eyes, and they all have the same body shape it seems, while the vehicles, houses, and accessories are more detailed and look like mini-versions of the real thing.
            The Scooby Doo playsets didn't bother me as much because they were based on cartoon characters to begin with.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Playmobil pieces work well with 3.75 figures. I think a decent James Bond could he assembled somehow from GI Joe figures.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

It's a shame because when you see these figures you instantly think kiddie cheap stuff. But yeah this,the enterprise, the ecto 1, The A Team van and the ghostbusters firehouse all look like amazing toys. Does anyone know if 1:18th scale figures are compatible with these vehicles and playsets?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Uh yea I just said that.
                  I know a lot of diostory guys frequent in here and I was wondering how many use Playmobil stuff in their dios and how well it fits in with the 3.75" Joes? I was thinking about getting some, particularly the Office Equipment set, but wanted opinions before I did so. Any help would be appreciated. ...
                  Last edited by Megotastrophe; Nov 18, '21, 9:21 AM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Ok we posted at the same time.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

My favorite Playmobil vehicle commandeered by Joe.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Playmobil is unique in the sense that for many (perhaps most) in the US, Playmobil is considered cheap kids stuff. Internationally that reputation is less so.

But for decades Playmobile has also been a high end "collector" line with huge sets, vast collections and a reputation for producing high quality, accurate and durable replicas of items.

But yet, their figures remain the goofy little "kids" stuff.

In the last few years they're really leaned into licensed properties as well, bumping up their collector oriented stuff, but no change to the figures. Which I understand, but it still creates a push/pull in the US (and maybe some other markets) who struggle to understand why they have fantastic bits and bobs to go with generally pretty clunky figures.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎