• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

80's Classic Store --- Unclaimed Freight

Had an Unclaimed Freight near me back in the 80's

Was FANTASTIC !!!

Imagine (in 1985-ish) buying original Topps 1977 Star Wars cards for a dollar a box

Bought a SoundDesign (K-Mart) all-in-one stereo for like $30.00-ish bucks --- Had all the bells and whistles INCLUDING an 8-Track tape-RECORDER.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Wowzers! That would have been awesome. My first record player was a soundesign. Nice but basic. Just bass, treble, balance and a headphone jack. Loved that thing. Glorious woodgrain.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ToyTalk
      Career Member
      • Mar 25, 2020

My first record player was a fisher-price. Man did I play my Mr. Rogers Neighborhood record a lot on that sweet sweet sound system.
      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Wow, a dollar a box for Topps SW cards. I'd have snagged as many as I could!
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          Wow, a dollar a box for Topps SW cards. I'd have snagged as many as I could!
          The most recent license I remember them carrying was The Rocketeer

Had all kinds of junk you'd never see in ANY toystore --- rack-store-CRAP-STUFF

Waiting in line at the local pharmacy for a prescription ?

Perhaps you're dying of an unknown disease

I bet a Rocketeer secret agent packet will get you through your doldrums

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎