Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Ghost town as far as Megos go here on Long Island. Been that way for 3 years on the south shore.

As far as comic shops are concerned...Diamond has been out of the picture for almost a year now as being the monopoly it once was. Yet the Mego Corporation still hasn't reached out to comic shops. Just laziness on the sales / marketing of these figures. If it was me in Marketing or Sales I would grab that little "retailers" book and start making phone calls....but it seems they can't be bothered with actually doing the leg work. Pretty pathetic. Seriously, they are cutting their noses off to spite their face. There is no more red tape to go through anymore with Diamond out of the picture...yet there is not one comic store that carries these. It's a no brainer and it is a way to cut out the middle man. Guess Mego doesn't want to make more money. I've seen bad ebay sellers do more work than Mego is doing or has done in the last year. Pathetic.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Agreed with what you're saying here...

I would wager that comic store customers/comic book fans would buy a great deal of these figures if they knew about them. I am guessing that quite a few of them *do* know about them, but having them for sale in a business those folks would frequent seems like a no-brainer and is something Mego *should* be doing (offering them to these stores)...

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
      Ghost town as far as Megos go here on Long Island. Been that way for 3 years on the south shore.

As far as comic shops are concerned...Diamond has been out of the picture for almost a year now as being the monopoly it once was. Yet the Mego Corporation still hasn't reached out to comic shops. Just laziness on the sales / marketing of these figures. If it was me in Marketing or Sales I would grab that little "retailers" book and start making phone calls....but it seems they can't be bothered with actually doing the leg work. Pretty pathetic. Seriously, they are cutting their noses off to spite their face. There is no more red tape to go through anymore with Diamond out of the picture...yet there is not one comic store that carries these. It's a no brainer and it is a way to cut out the middle man. Guess Mego doesn't want to make more money. I've seen bad ebay sellers do more work than Mego is doing or has done in the last year. Pathetic.

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

The local comic shops in my area have some Figures Toys DC figures no Megos

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

A local vintage video game store near my house has a bunch of the new Megos. Couldn’t say about local comic shops, there ain’t any within a hundred miles anymore.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            Is Throgs Neck Target near Long Island? Here is a recent picture from the Throgs Neck Target from Facebook:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'd pass out if I saw that selection at retail. Not much here in NEO.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Is Throgs Neck Target near Long Island? Here is a recent picture from the Throgs Neck Target from Facebook:

That’s a lot of Geordis warming those pegs. I still don’t know who thought making Worf a limited exclusive while putting Geordi at mass retail was a great idea. It should’ve been the exact opposite.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

They have Scotty and McCoy! That would be nice to see. I only ever saw one Scotty and he had a messed up collar that wasn't the complete piece of fabric. It's like they used a scrap of fabric.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

the local Targets by me never have anything. barely even a collectible area. ZLC does have a lot of wave 14 up for sale now, including Krik, Spock, Laforge, Soldier Ape and one of the Killer Klowns. they also have McCoy with proper skin tone and blue accessories in stock according to a post i saw in FB

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Throggsneck Mall (Target) is located in the Bronx near the Whitestone Bridge. They're loaded with wave 14 figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                        That’s a lot of Geordis warming those pegs.
                        Or, some that just need rotated for better merchandising.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                          That’s a lot of Geordis warming those pegs. I still don’t know who thought making Worf a limited exclusive while putting Geordi at mass retail was a great idea. It should’ve been the exact opposite.
                          considering they just hit shelves, i would hardly call them peg warmers. there are just as many Spocks there, if not more, and the Ultraman character

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            considering they just hit shelves, i would hardly call them peg warmers. there are just as many Spocks there, if not more, and the Ultraman character
                            I counted 8 Geordis at least but yeah, hopefully those just got put on the shelf and they sell like hot cakes. I’d love to see tons more Trek stuff from Mego. Just don’t know why they went with Geordi over Worf. It’s like going with Chekhov over Scotty.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 26, 2008

I would love to see a section of mego like that in a store, my local Target closed shop just about the time new mego was hitting the stores. It's so awesome to see new Dr. Zaius hanging there on his new card. I actually just bought my first new mego online, the Van Helsing with candlesticks for a Christmas present for a Hammer horror fan.
                              Chad

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Shazam! I just received my 14" Capt. Marvel. It's a nicely-packaged, very appealing figure. Classic costume, the boots are a bit metallic in person and the cape is accurate. I really like the sculpt, my only quibble would be his too-thin eyebrows.

I see Aquaman on the box's back--can we expect a reissue?
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 6, '21, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎