X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Wave 14 starting to show up!

Here is the new Spock, Geordie, Wonder Woman and the new running change Ursus!

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Gal Gadot WW looks horrible
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

So, is this wave hitting Target before the usual Mego sellers?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ That's from a Target?… was wondering what stores to consider a covidventure within.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

They had a great proto for Gal what happened?

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I’ll have to agree that Gadot looks bad, they could have done much better. New Spock looks fine, but I would have rather seen a variant Scotty in Dress Kilts instead, no weapon for Ursus? LaForge looks pretty nice.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
              I’ll have to agree that Gadot looks bad, they could have done much better. New Spock looks fine, but I would have rather seen a variant Scotty in Dress Kilts instead, no weapon for Ursus? LaForge looks pretty nice.
              The original proto for her looked great. The protos released most recently were not as good as the original head shown but not bad... this one looks like the head is much larger and paint is clunkier. Not sure why they can get the super complex Monsters or Apes heads right but can't get a normal realistic female like Gal Gadot or Michael Burnham. I love Mego and will support them regardless because the price range is fair and they try their best but they do need to get it together in that aspect IMO.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

So, does Meijer carry new Megos? If so, where would they be: In the 'collectibles' section in the gaming/TV area, or do they put them in by the other action figures in the toy dept.?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Is the Capt. Kirk with the new head sculpt part of wave 14?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    Is the Capt. Kirk with the new head sculpt part of wave 14?
                    Yes. I can't wait to get one!

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I found Spock, La Forge and UltramanTiga today, all of which I wanted. No Justice League figures on the pegs, which I was hoping to see in person first.

The variation in La Forge and Data's shirts is striking. I knew the emblem was much improved on La Forge, not being silkscreened on, but I did not realize the yellows were so different in shades. La Forge has a huge collar too, compared to the more normal collar on Data.

Mego Data & La Forge.jpg

I am guessing Worf will be more in line with Geordi.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                        Radioactive!
                        • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the comparison pictures---I'm debating buying two of LaForge to give the updated uniform version to Data.

So far I've seen Superman, Spock, Ursus, and Geordi along with Van Helsing, Jeepers Creepers, and Reptile at Targets near me.

Are Wonder Woman, Ultraman Tiga, and Capt. Kirk the only other ones in this wave? Has anyone seen Kirk yet?

Comment

• shaunaconda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 29, 2020

Today at my Target I saw a Spock, Kirk, La Forge, McCoy and Ultraman.
                          There were also some McFarlane Batcaves and Batmobiles.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                            Thanks for the comparison pictures---I'm debating buying two of LaForge to give the updated uniform version to Data.

So far I've seen Superman, Spock, Ursus, and Geordi along with Van Helsing, Jeepers Creepers, and Reptile at Targets near me.

Are Wonder Woman, Ultraman Tiga, and Capt. Kirk the only other ones in this wave? Has anyone seen Kirk yet?
                            I didn't realize Kirk was going to be at Target too; I thought it was just the others in Wave 14.

I've seen the Reptile, Jeepers Creepers and Van Helsing at Target for a few weeks now, but those aren't lines I really collect. I haven't seen Ursus yet, but that is another line I do not collect.

I thought about getting a second Geordi and Riker to swap uniforms with Data and Picard, but I never really paid attention to the collar command dots until tonight and now that I have, it might bug me that they will be wrong on Data and Picard. But it's less noticeable that the Com Badge and different yellow shirts, so if I see another Geordi at the Target price, maybe I will still do a swap.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I don't know ANYTHING about Ultraman, outside of pictures and comics I have seen over the years, but they do look pretty cool together! Here is Wave 14 Ultramantiga with Ultraman and Ultraseven.

Mego Ultramans.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎