Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which runs do you want to read but haven't yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Which runs do you want to read but haven't yet?

For me it's Rose and the Thorn backups in Lois Lane. That's screaming for a Trade collection.

Also I'm missing some Adventure comics Supergirl issues I'd like to check out.
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Too many

the most expensive are

SUN GIRL from 1947 only 3 issues, I have # 1 and # 3, but I need to upgrade as they are not in great condition.

NAMORA from 1947 also 1,2 & 3. Don't have any of them.

Astonishing # 4 (MARVEL BOY). I have # 3,5, 6 and Marvel Boy # 1 & 2. But not # 4.

And more recently

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: EVERY THING. Except the last mini that came out last year. Malibu, Marvel, IDW, Wildstorm. too many companies diluting the brand!!!

Superboy the original series, I have # 1!!!!!!! and issues # 60-200. Before the Legion took it over, I need to fill in # 2-59. again $OUCH$

Need to do a complete DEFENDERS (Original series) I have all the spin offs and reunions over the last 20 years.

There is a lot, so many titles to get.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
      Need to do a complete DEFENDERS (Original series) I have all the spin offs and reunions over the last 20 years.
      One of the first series I completed. Don't forget to get the Marvel Feature issues 1 - 3. It's a great read up until just after the Lunatik storyline. Then it goes downhill until just after the 6 fingered hand storyline and it really finished strong before Marvel pulled the plug because they needed Iceman, Angel, and Beast for the reboot of X-Men which became X-factor. Definite highlights of the series are issues 1 - 20 and then in the 40's and 50's with the Red Guardian storyline and the Zodiac storyline. When you get to the "Dollar Bill" issues...it gets silly and then proceeds on the downward spiral. 75 % of the series is quality though. Hope you finish the series and enjoy the series.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        One of the first series I completed. Don't forget to get the Marvel Feature issues 1 - 3. It's a great read up until just after the Lunatik storyline. Then it goes downhill until just after the 6 fingered hand storyline and it really finished strong before Marvel pulled the plug because they needed Iceman, Angel, and Beast for the reboot of X-Men which became X-factor. Definite highlights of the series are issues 1 - 20 and then in the 40's and 50's with the Red Guardian storyline and the Zodiac storyline. When you get to the "Dollar Bill" issues...it gets silly and then proceeds on the downward spiral. 75 % of the series is quality though. Hope you finish the series and enjoy the series.
        Meanie! I do have some sporatic issues, I have the Squadron Supreme arc by SAL BUSCEMA! The Guardians arc with the Badoon! The PRESENCE arc with the Red Guardian! Love that one.

I absolutely ADORE: DEFENDERS FOR A DAY! BRILLIANT!! There needs to be a SEQUEL! Then I stopped and I didn't come back until # 100, where they all FOUGHT SATAN and MEPHISTO and whoever else was there. Yeah there is a lot of history there.

The Avengers cartoons from the early 00's when you had HYPERION fighting the HULK brought such a SMILE to my face as it took me back to those SAL BUSCEMA issues where the hulk and Hyperion went at it back in the day.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

So many runs, so little time...

I'll limit it to about a dozen that are on my radar and in my "to read" pile, some I sampled to see if I wanted to tackle more of it, but even those I have huge amounts of the run to get through

-Baron & Rude's Nexus-I finished getting it a couple years back but haven't read it aside from a handful of issues I read in the 80s as it was coming out.

-Mark Schultz's Xenozoic Tales-I still need to track down 2 issues to complete the run

-The 1950s 6 issue Phantom Stranger series-well out of my price range and likely never collected, but a handful of the stories were reprinted in various 70s DC horror books of which I have tracked down a handful of them

-Lone Wolf and Cub (I read the first volume maybe 15-20 years ago, but haven't gotten to the rest of it)

-Chaykin's American Flagg!

-Ed Brubaker's Daredevil run

-Love and Rockets (I sampled the first volume but need to continue)

-Arion, Lord of Atlantis

-Blake & Mortimer

-70's Ghost Rider (I've read the Marvel Spotlight intro issues and the handful of issues I had as a kid, but need to tackle the whole run)

-Panther's Prey (the return of Don McGregor to Black Panther originally serialized in Marvel Comics Presents, but I have the Epic Collection

-Kirby's Kamandi

--Corto Maltese I read Ballad of the Salty Sea bout 5-10 years ago but have 3-4 more volumes to get to plus reread that one)

There's a couple I had been meaning to get to and have finally started reading recently, and are in my currently reading pile including:

-Sandman Mystery Theatre (I'm about 60% of the way through)

-post Roy Thomas Conan the Barbarian at Marvel (I read the first couple dozen post-Thomas issues up through #125)

-100 Bullets (I am most of the way through the first deluxe HC volume)

-Akira (I am about halfway through the first volume)

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Enjoying reading everyone else’s “lists”.

I’ve been putting together some runs that I had never read, but always wanted to. I don’t even know if some of them are any good (maybe if you’ve read them, you could offer your opinion) Since my interests run to comics of my youth, that puts me in the Bronze Age mostly, although I’m reaching back to the silver age with the help of the omnibus collections available out there.

I’m currently going through the first 100 Fantastic Four issues, the Kirby run… I’m up to issue 65… the first 30 were in the omnibus… I was able to put together the other issues. I actually have the issues up to 200… I’ll see how I feel when I get through with the Kirby run.

After that, I kinda always liked The Phantom Stranger. Gonna start with Showcase 80 and then the series.

I’d like to go through Marvel’s The Invaders.

I’m also gonna do The Defenders run, I have the first 20 or so issues… after that I’ll see.

I’m a sucker for the monsters so I’d like to go through Marvel’s Werewolf By Night, Frankenstein, and The Living Mummy.

I’m trying to put together a bunch of the Atlas/Seaboard line… I’ve read some of those and they have been fun. I’ve enjoyed seeing some great artist/ creators turned loose on new characters.

Others… Man-Thing, Conan, 70’s Swamp Thing, Jonah Hex in Weird Western Tales… also putting together some of the Marvel Tales, Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-In-One, Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense runs… as you can see… older stuff.

In the last year or so, went through Kamandi, the Adventure Spectre run again, DC’s Shadow run, Bat Lash (a fun read), Beware the Creeper, Doctor Strange post-Strange Tales run (169-183), Kubert’s Tarzan run, and a ton of the anthology horror (House of Mystery/Secrets, Monsters on the Prowl, Creatures on the Loose, etc… I’m a sucker for those… quick and easy reads.

I hope I live long enough to get to them all

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

There are lots of books / titles I would like to read, both old and new to me, but the first title I collected with the intent of not breaking the run, no matter the quality, was the first ongoing Robin series, starring Tim Drake. I know I made it over 100 issues, but I don't remember if I made it through all 185 issues. I enjoyed it a lot and would like to re-read it one day.

Same with the first Nightwing ongoing series.

Both gave me my definitive artists for both characters; Tom Grummett for Robin and Scott McDaniel for Nightwing.

I am currently reading Amazing Spider-Man from issue #1. Truly Amazing material.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎