X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Paul Lynde IS Superman

Some of these flying effects are better than any Superman production up to this point!

Chris
    sigpic
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Thanks for posting! That episode and the I Love Lucy where Lucy meets Superman were always the one I looked forward to popping up in the re-run rotation when I was a kid!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Samantha is gorgeous
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Samantha is gorgeous

Indeed!!!

I have always had a crush on Elizabeth Montgomery. She was on an episode or two of Karloff's Thriller, and this Thriller website has dedicated a page of nice photos to her.

sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

That looks like an early 70's episode. Adventures of Superman was limited on flying stunts after the first season episode that injured George.
          Last edited by Mr.Marion; Nov 3, '21, 6:49 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

It was a 1970 episode. And yes, I know the flying pretty much became stock shots on Adventures of Superman after that injury, which is a shame. This isn't Chris Reeve-level, but it's not bad!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Just for kicks here is is Paul as Clark Kent on the Dean Martin Show
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Regarding your pic, Chris: as a kid, I always pictured Montgomery as live-action Black Canary. Eerie.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Just for kicks here is is Paul as Clark Kent on the Dean Martin Show
                  Ha! I like his upside down "S" there. The Bewitched version looked positively Earth-Two!

Regarding your pic, Chris: as a kid, I always pictured Montgomery as live-action Black Canary. Eerie.
                  I LIKE that casting!
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Fun stuff. Ach, if only Reed and Malloy from Adam-12 had pulled up.

I suspect the flying was done with the same crane technique used for outdoor productions of It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman in the '60s.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 3, '21, 6:09 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Indeed!!!

I have always had a crush on Elizabeth Montgomery. She was on an episode or two of Karloff's Thriller, and this Thriller website has dedicated a page of nice photos to her.

http://athrilleraday.blogspot.com/20...art-three.html

Do I dare ask this question??? Who would you rather be??? Darrin Stevens or Anthony Nelson?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Do I dare ask this question??? Who would you rather be??? Darrin Stevens or Anthony Nelson?
                        Darrin all the say. Jeannie was too ditzy for me. I like my women smart. Smarter than me, which is why I married my wife! ;-)

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Darrin for me, too! I grew up watching Bewitched re-runs. I remember there was a time it was playing up to 5 times a day! WGN and TBS were a few of the channels that used to show it constantly. It was like "Friends." I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Montgomery. I even wrote her a fan letter when I was teen-ager, and she sent me an autographed photo.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Uncle Arthur.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Uncle Arthur.
                              Ha! Nice.

Along those lines, whether you find either of them attractive or not, which Darrin do you all prefer?

I must admit I think Dick York was a better foil for the magic shenanigans. By the time Dick Sargent came along, he seemed quite a bit calmer, and the focus was less on how exasperated Darrin would get.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎