Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

I would like to get these figures and I still might. My concern with FTC figures, as others have noted, is the cost. They are very expensive and I feel if they were perhaps more in line with Mego prices they would sell more to make up for any perceived "losses". I know if the figures were more affordable I would buy a ton more. What's worse is paying that high price only to have something wrong with the figure straight out of he package (loose heads or limbs, something broken, deteriorating material, etc.) All too often I have purchased either a figure, vehicle, accessory or clothing item from FTC/CTVT only to find myself having to repair or "tweak" it right away, and you should not have to do that with a brand new product.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

TRDouble,

Could you post a link to the photo of Batman? I'm curious to see how the cape is attached.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

As a matter of fact, mine came in today!

BD4C1DD0-854F-4E41-A0B0-AE594FB255ED.jpg

1CB7DF97-C6AD-41B7-9F06-AFD5B7B9A2ED.jpg

4556DE3F-A87A-427F-8CE2-67EC0010068A.jpg

I love this head sculpt---very Sprang-like! The colors really pop, and I especially love this bat symbol. The body, though, feels very cheap and I'm going to transfer him to a more solid body. This us my favorite Batman sculpt they have done, and it is perfectly in scale. The cape is attached to the collar unlike the photo on the FTC website. I would prefer it not to be attached, but it is fine enough as it is.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Krypt0nite; Nov 5, '21, 4:36 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
          As a matter of fact, mine came in today!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31885[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31888[/ATTACH]

I love this head sculpt---very Sprang-like! The colors really pop, and I especially love this bat symbol. The body, though, feels very cheap and I'm going to transfer him to a more solid body. This us my favorite Batman sculpt they have done, and it is perfectly in scale. The cape is attached to the collar unlike the photo on the FTC website. I would prefer it not to be attached, but it is fine enough as it is.

Is there a way you can carefully unattached the cape from the collar if you wanted too?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

The collar is sewn on to the neck of the uniform, so I don't think there is any way to remove the cape short of cutting it off. Maybe the stitching could be cut to remove the cape, but that would be a very delicate operation.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I placed an order for him tonight along with two type s muscle bodies and a trench coat for the invisible man head coming from Chad. That Batman looks like he stepped out of aScooby Doo episode and I love it
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks (as usual) for the pictures, Krypt0nite!

Yep, that's what I saw in the other picture for the cape attachment. I don't understand why they did that, unless it was a factory mix up with how the Superman cape is attached.

I will still order one though. I have never used the Type S "muscle" body -- in fact, I still have five original upgrade kits from ZICA/Castaway Toys -- but I might try one on this Batman to help fill the suit out better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I'm generally not a fan of FTC's offerings since the glory days of Batman '66, but I'm tempted by Batman and the Joker. Both have that "Carmine Infantino by way of Filmation" look down pat.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

I made a few tweaks to this figure:

I put him on a Mego body, which is a lot tighter in the joints and also made the legs less baggy, and I swapped out the cape that came attached to the suit for the Super Friends cape. The SF cape looks a lit better to my eye. All in all, I'm very happy with the changes I made.

C854B970-D25F-4EF0-88D7-2143E0E8FC6B.jpg

B544176E-9C23-4601-BF47-0D14110FD857.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I like the changes too, nice job.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Krypt0nite, I hate your small pictures, LOL!

I like it. How did you get the cape off of the costume?

I have one coming and am contemplating what to do with it. Putting it on a Type S was my first thought. I like the Super Friends cape, but I see how it partially obscures the chest emblem, so I don't know if I want to do that either.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

I hate the small pictures too---what am I doing wrong?

I cut the cape off the suit at the seams. I was precise enough that the cape itself is preserved if I need it for a future project.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Looks great. Wish I could see the larger pics though. But you’re getting close to selling me on this guy haha.

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

I can't tell from the pics, but I read in one review that in person this Batman's bodysuit has a faint purplish color to it, like the cartoon -- is this true?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

If so, that's a great touch, different from Super Friends.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎