Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Yes, the suit definitely has a purplish sheen to it, like the cartoon. That caught me by surprise. I also don't mind the cape either.

The head seems squishier / softer than the normal FTC head as well.

All in all, a very nice addition to the Mego style Batman line-up.

FTC Filmation Batman.jpg

For comparison's sake, my modded Super Friends Batman:

FTC SF Batman Mod 2.jpg
    Last edited by TRDouble; Nov 14, '21, 9:21 PM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the picture--your mod looks great!

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I wish the Superfriends Batman head, which is quite good itself, was the same size as this one.

The SF head is just too darn big. I really like the look of this Batman, but I'd like a non-smiling head.

Oh well, looks great either way.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          I wish the Superfriends Batman head, which is quite good itself, was the same size as this one.

The SF head is just too darn big. I really like the look of this Batman, but I'd like a non-smiling head.

Oh well, looks great either way.
          The picture makes the SF Batman head look REALLy big. It is definitely oversized, but both that and the Mego Superman head are helped in scale a bit when moved to a Type S body (even if my picture doesn't really show that). I think the new Filmation Batman head is one of the better scaled Mego-style Batman heads I have seen.

Comment

• 75fistfighter
            • Sep 16, 2019

I recently got one of these Batman figures and I really like it, except for the bodysuit. I don't care for the purplish color and the Batman emblem is slightly off center and crooked. The bodysuit looked more gray in the FTC advertisement, so when I took it out of the mailing package I was immediately disappointed. In spite of those complaints, I really like the head sculpt and this is one of my favorite Mego type Batman figures. It reminds me of how Batman looked in the comic books I read in the 70's.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I liked the purplish color of the bodysuit. I think the body suit matches the color of the suit in the cartoon. My emblem is good too, although I'd had my experiences with off center emblems... it sucks because you can't do anything about it.

What I don't care for is the way the cape is attached to the bodysuit, which is not how it is shown on the website. I don't hate it, but I would have preferred it to be a separate piece like the Super Friends Batman cape. You can now get all of the pieces of the Filmation Batman separately, so I am considering grabbing parts (or, depending on the pricing parts out, just another figure) to replace the cape and put him on a Type S body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I was really hoping for a Filmation Penguin.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

It seems like the Filmation series was one shot and done. I wanted a Robin to go with Batman. And touching on the other Filmation series would have been cool too.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎