Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still waiting on production pics of Topps figures...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Still waiting on production pics of Topps figures...

Just sayin' Supposedly there are production pics of the Topps figures being made...yet we haven't seen one pic here on the Museum. Which is kind of weird because they are basically using the Museum to sell their figures. Again, just sayin a picture "speaks 1000 words" Also, please don't post "You can see them on Mego Ambassadors or Mego Corp" Some of the collectors left those groups on facebook. This is NOT a taunt by any means, so I hope this post doesn't get deleted like the last one.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Supposedly there are production pics of the Topps figures being made...yet we haven't seen one pic here on the Museum.
    Mego has decided to use Facebook as their primary means of disseminating information. That isn't the Museum's fault.
    The last Mego Museum Newsletter had a picture of the factory production head of Planet of the Apes Taylor VS the protoytype, so I wouldn't say there have been no pictures.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

They put pictures on the Ambassador's page and the wording with the picture made me think they didn't want people like me to share the pictures elsewhere. So I stopped sharing the pictures here. I just joined facebook to see the stuff that wasn't shared elsewhere. I guess if someone wants to see them bad enough, they will join the Ambassador group like I broke down and did. I do still hate facebook very much, but like seeing the exclusive Mego stuff.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by pmwasson
        Mego has decided to use Facebook as their primary means of disseminating information. That isn't the Museum's fault.
        The last Mego Museum Newsletter had a picture of the factory production head of Planet of the Apes Taylor VS the protoytype, so I wouldn't say there have been no pictures.
        Link to the newsletter please. Thanks Paul.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Okay, sure.

Here is the thread that talks about the newsletter every week:
          I'm going to post the new issue here every week (although please subscribe if you haven't already) This week- Figures Toy Company invites you to join Hogwarts Neal Adams Mego Artwork Mego Spock Unreleased King Kong Board Game and more http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=72ce191d25905882ce4a90f43&id=69f3cf3829

And here is the latest edition:
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I'll just print it out and mail it to you. You can create a giant 'Mego Topps Crimes Against Collectors' board and solve the conspiracy with lots of string and thumbtacks like they do on CSI.

Topps.jpg
            Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Nov 1, '21, 1:47 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              I'll just print it out and mail it to you. You can create a giant 'Mego Topps Crimes Against Collectors' board and solve the conspiracy with lots of string and thumbtacks like they do on CSI.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31865[/ATTACH]
              I absolutely love this, CSI Mego.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31865[/ATTACH]
                Now THAT is funny. You know what I want to say...but I will refrain from making it look like taunting

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

They were going to do a Warhol Mego? Dammit!! Now I really regret whining.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    They were going to do a Warhol Mego? Dammit!! Now I really regret whining.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

They could just do a Stan Lee Mego with Warhol's name. He liked to swipe from comic creators, so it would fit.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Why would you expect Mego to offer production pictures?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎