Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My 20-year old son said "Oh S--t!!!" about 15 times while we were watching it. I enjoyed the sequel trilogy, but I now wish one of these shows would do some time travel shenanigans to negate some of the more unsavory parts. They should have gave Favreau and Filloni the keys to the kingdom from the start.
    sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

This latest episode was a lover letter who Star Wars fans like me who grew up on Luke Skywalker. Could not have loved this one more. And my boys lost their minds when some bounty hunter from clone wars popped up. I wasn't familair with him but he reminded me of Tex Hex from Bravestarr. Can't wait for the finale.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^My son had just been talking about that character the week before "Wouldn't it be awesome if (blank) showed up?" And one episode later...boom.
        sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

I'm of a mixed opinion as to this latest episode. I found myself both amused and also a bit put off by the fan service. I didn't mind CGI Luke for his brief appearance in Mando, but to have a major role in an entire episode was a bit much to take. As amazing as the deep fake was, there's still some dipping into the uncanny valley.

I'm sure they had their various reasons for not recasting Luke like they did with Han and Lando..

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

I loved the episode for the same reason everyone else did, because it was an extended look at one of the OT characters, which is all anyone really cares about, with the exception of Mando and company.

The episode itself though, meh. Great compared to anything Kennedy and crew did in the sequel trilogy. Good compared to the rest of the Boba Fett series (except the last episode). About on par with Lucas’s prequel trilogy. And below average when compared to real Star Wars, aka the original trilogy.

I thought the deep fake looked really good. They even de-aged the character’s voice, it sounded like. But the voice acting sounded like what it was, something recorded in a studio, and not on set with other actors.

All in all, a triumph for Book of Boba Fett. It’ll give them a strong headwind going into the finale. It’s just a shame the least interesting character in Boba Fett is Boba Fett, and the more time they spend away from him, the better the show is.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              My 20-year old son said "Oh S--t!!!" about 15 times while we were watching it. I enjoyed the sequel trilogy, but I now wish one of these shows would do some time travel shenanigans to negate some of the more unsavory parts. They should have gave Favreau and Filloni the keys to the kingdom from the start.
              Help me world between worlds, you're our only hope.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Luke’s CGI in this episode was much improved over the one in the season finale of The Mandalorian.
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Not sure about the beef with Luke. It's still Mark Hamill,just not with the action stuff. It's not like with Tarkin or Leia and they slapped their face on someone else.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
                    Luke’s CGI in this episode was much improved over the one in the season finale of The Mandalorian.
                    Haters gonna hate and critics gonna raze, but I prefer to praise. Agreed on the CGI for Luke and to me beautiful and doing justice. Even the vocals dubbing and syncing sound spectacular. Had to go back and rewatch with my Sony MDR7506s headphones. Ear and eye candy!! Grogu, and Cad Bane were amazing with the CGI as well. The eyes and teeth on Cad Bane looked so real.
                    Bar none my favorite episode so far in this SWU franchise.
                    How cool to see Ahsoka and Luke on the same screen! Never dreamed that would happen!

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                      Haters gonna hate and critics gonna raze, but I prefer to praise. Agreed on the CGI for Luke and to me beautiful and doing justice. Even the vocals dubbing and syncing sound spectacular. Had to go back and rewatch with my Sony MDR7506s headphones. Ear and eye candy!! Grogu, and Cad Bane were amazing with the CGI as well. The eyes and teeth on Cad Bane looked so real.
                      How cool to see Ahsoka and Luke on the same screen! Never dreamed that would happen!
                      Agreed across the board…
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                        absolutely. they did an amazing job on this. i hope we get a Luke series too

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          absolutely. they did an amazing job on this. i hope we get a Luke series too
                          As long as it’s Favreau and Filoni without the assist from Rodriguez. He’s a good director, but he just isn’t a good fit for Star Wars. I don’t think it’s a coincidence the two best episodes, by far, are the ones he had nothing to do with.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Just finished watching Episode 6... Wow! So many directions to go here. I absolutely loved it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Spoiler space

I'm just waiting for Ted Knight to say, "Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Fett......" I just can't figure out how this is all going to mesh. The last two episodes were so Mandalorian focused that they could have been Ep 1 and 2 of the next season. I love Ahsoka, but every time I see her in cameos it takes me out of the moment and I start wondering where she is during the sequels. I know the obvious answer is she's out looking for Ezra and Thrawn, which is better than her being dead by then. I'm also now wondering who saved Grogu after the flashback showed the clone troopers slaughtering Jedi.

Cad Bane was really well-executed. I was fine with the Luke CGI.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

SPOILERS
                                SPOILERS
                                SPOILERS

While I appreciated all the "big names" in the last episode, I actually enjoyed the return of Cobb Vance the most. Timothy Olymphant is incredible. My assumption is that he was wounded but not killed in the shootout with Cad Bane. I'm less sure about the fate of Jennifer Beals' Twilek.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎