Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

She's certainly dressed differently from the female Tusken Raiders we saw in AOTC, but that could be explained by different Tusken tribes having different traditions and customs regarding apparel.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

it is really cool to see more of the Tusken lifestyle and learn something about them instead of them just being cool looking background characters. it would be neat to see what they look like under the wrappings

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
        She's certainly dressed differently from the female Tusken Raiders we saw in AOTC, but that could be explained by different Tusken tribes having different traditions and customs regarding apparel.

Yes, that subject matter is mentioned of many different tribes existing (and like you said, having different customs and traditions). Seems like in most tribes that we have seen, females are caregivers and not fighters (going by movies and other media), but in this particular one that Boba Fett landed on, females are warriors too.
        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          Or better yet, by pretending that AOTC does not exist.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Lots of action in Chapter 3... along with a cool appearance by a certain actor.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I just don't see why people like this series. Now rancor beasts are cuddly sweet creatures.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 24, 2020

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                I just don't see why people like this series. Now rancor beasts are cuddly sweet creatures.
                i hated it im so jaded on star wars its not even funny anymore

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  nobody said they were sweet and cuddly he just said they bond to the first human they see and are loyal creatures. i think we will see it go into battle with Boba riding it

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

How dare they add depth to a monster! How dare they comment on the idea of nurture vs. nature! Get your character and story development out of my sci-fi/fantasy!

Note the sarcasm.

How the world (or most of it) looks at animals and "pets" has changed in 40 years. This explains why the Rancor Keeper was so broke up when he died. He loved it! It doesn't mean it still won't eat a bunch of Fish People by the end of the season.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

so who do you think will be the real villain here? Black Sun? maybe we will get Darth Maul back

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

also, did you catch the reference to the witches of Dathomir? maybe we will see some dark sisters

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

I realize that the “slow burn” is not everybody’s cup of tea, but I’m digging all the nods and the respect for the lore.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            How dare they add depth to a monster! How dare they comment on the idea of nurture vs. nature! Get your character and story development out of my sci-fi/fantasy!

Note the sarcasm.

How the world (or most of it) looks at animals and "pets" has changed in 40 years. This explains why the Rancor Keeper was so broke up when he died. He loved it! It doesn't mean it still won't eat a bunch of Fish People by the end of the season.

Chris
                            Keeping something tied up and blinded sure makes it a nice creature. Animals like to be restrained wearing blinders. When you take the blinders off, they fall in love with you and are loyal for the rest of their days. I see it now...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

I agree that the story fits in with the Rancor Keeper's love for the Rancor.

It would be fun if they showed Jabba's Throne open up like the Kenner toy, I think the mouse made an appearance.

One thing that I explain away in the new series and movies is that Speeders must behave different on different plants, varied models for different atmospheres, the Speeders that go in the sky like in AotC and the regular ones that just hover.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

The Mos Espa Vespa gang was... interesting.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎