X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by rykerw1701
    I'm very much enjoying the series. It and the Mandalorian work for me in a way the last trilogy did not. I do wonder what they'll do with the character's development. There's no redemption arc. He's not a bounty hunter anymore, he's more noble. He's not even an anti-hero so much as a regular hero. Anyway, I'm still very entertained. It's very well shot and the fan service is incredible.
    Yes, all of this.

If somebody asked me back in the day, "hey, how would you like to see Boba Fett and a band of Tuscan Raiders fight some fish people in the desert on a land-speeder-train?" I would have said, "sign me up."

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

My only thought was...did Jabba really sit his big sluggy butt on that little throne? LOL!

Dana
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

My brother and I both like the series including the flashbacks. This is rare, we do not have similar taste expect for Star Wars.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Reminds me of Kung Fu.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by danadoll
            My only thought was...did Jabba really sit his big sluggy butt on that little throne? LOL!

Dana
            Don't think it's the original. I think Bib had a special version made for himself.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce
              Yes, all of this.

If somebody asked me back in the day, "hey, how would you like to see Boba Fett and a band of Tuscan Raiders fight some fish people in the desert on a land-speeder-train?" I would have said, "sign me up."
              Me too…

I friggin love the female Tusken Raider, she’s such a baddass!!!

2934AE1E-FDB6-4B7F-A05D-1634772A8F4A.jpg

D7CD7158-C8F0-42FE-AE92-E8768C71C9E3.jpg

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

how do you know that is a female Tusken? i did not pick up on that at all

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  Yeah I wasn't getting that vibe either, cool if it is of course.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    Yup, she’s female. It’s so obvious. Look at her body. Super thin waist and you get glimpses of her hourglass body (she’s shorter than the males too). Plus the long dreads are another indicator…

659AEB59-ADF8-4216-8CAE-C573739D4A24.jpg

Would be kinda weird if all Tusken Raiders were male. I’m sure they reproduce…

I came to that conclusion myself. But after reading of your surprise, I searched, and found these articles…

So looks like I’m not the only one who thinks she’s a female…

P.S. Confirmation. Yup, she’s played by stuntwoman Joanna Bennett, who has done stunts for both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel…

0DDF1213-F89A-431F-85FA-0EBC509C0ACC.jpg

Man, I’m good…

Last edited by Hector; Jan 10, '22, 3:21 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

F139B929-CBFC-4276-9E30-80D9F6C430EA.jpg

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

The female Tusken is a cool character for sure (and yes, I knew she was female too). At first, I was kind of wondering if they wouldn't reveal she was Fennec hiding out with Tuskens, and this is how they knew each other before Mando. Doesn't look like they are going there now though.

For the bigger Star Wars fans: Are we looking at the Tusken's actual faces? I assume they have wrappings and apparatus to survive the harsh desert climate. If that's NOT their actual faces, what do they look like beneath?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          The female Tusken is a cool character for sure (and yes, I knew she was female too). At first, I was kind of wondering if they wouldn't reveal she was Fennec hiding out with Tuskens, and this is how they knew each other before Mando. Doesn't look like they are going there now though.

For the bigger Star Wars fans: Are we looking at the Tusken's actual faces? I assume they have wrappings and apparatus to survive the harsh desert climate. If that's NOT their actual faces, what do they look like beneath?

Chris

I assume they are wrappings and apparatus. They don’t look organic. Remember how they wrapped and clothed Boba Fett? So they seem to have a ritual of attire. If would be so cool if they all unmasked and they all turned out to be super good looking….

Found this article…

sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

I had no idea that character was female. But I was saying the other day how I feel bad for the actors who are getting their big break playing Tusken Raiders... yet nobody is ever going to recognize them. We haven't even been given character names.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                              I had no idea that character was female. But I was saying the other day how I feel bad for the actors who are getting their big break playing Tusken Raiders... yet nobody is ever going to recognize them. We haven't even been given character names.
                              The woman playing the female Tusken Raider is a professional stuntwoman.

Look at her extensive resume:

Our stunt directory features information about a variety of stunt industry professionals, including stunt coordinators and second unit directors.

She’s exceptional at her craft and highly successful. Not everyone has to be an actor to be successful in the movie/television industry.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                                …yet nobody is ever going to recognize them.
                                To me that’s a great thing. I’d hate to be famous. You essentially lose your freedom in public.

Imagine if you were Leonardo DiCaprio. You think you can shop at the local supermarket in peace?

Paparazzi, fans, stalkers, random people staring at you over and over…screw that…

While the money is great, fame is not…my humble opinion of course.

I’d rather be an unknown rich guy than a famous one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎