Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS

While I appreciated all the "big names" in the last episode, I actually enjoyed the return of Cobb Vance the most. Timothy Olymphant is incredible. My assumption is that he was wounded but not killed in the shootout with Cad Bane. I'm less sure about the fate of Jennifer Beals' Twilek.
    I'm with you on both.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
      SPOILERS
      SPOILERS
      SPOILERS

While I appreciated all the "big names" in the last episode, I actually enjoyed the return of Cobb Vance the most. Timothy Olymphant is incredible. My assumption is that he was wounded but not killed in the shootout with Cad Bane. I'm less sure about the fate of Jennifer Beals' Twilek.
      Agreed on all counts. The western town scenes were by far the most enjoyable part of the storyline for me, and the street fight was crazy fun to watch unfold. I understand the love for the OT, but I really could have done without the extended cgi age reduced screentime. I really enjoyed that at the end of season 2. It was a bit much for me here, and I didn't really get how that was going to help further the story of Boba Fett.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'd watch a whole movie of classic trilogy era CGI de-aged Luke. Make a movie between SW and Empire. It would rule.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          I'd watch a whole movie of classic trilogy era CGI de-aged Luke. Make a movie between SW and Empire. It would rule.
          Splinter of the Mind's Eye would be awesome.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

A pretty epic finale. Totally action-packed.
            A few minor disappointments regarding certain story points, admittedly.

(Also, there's a brief mid-credits scene in this episode.)
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Absolutely. For me it would hopefully wash away the memory of the last two sequels. I wouldn't have set-up the sequels on the premise that Luke was jaded and broken, but I was OK with it being the start of the story. I just didn't like the rest of the story. I'd be fine watching deepfake Luke navigate all of the events that led to The Force is Awakening. That's a lot more palatable to me than more Cassian Andor. (I haven't gotten to the finale yet)

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I have nothing against the new trilogy or the new cast.

The new cast was great, all of them, and the movies were fine. My feelings are you can't do both the new cast and the original cast justice in the same movies. Either do movies with the original trilogy characters or do movies further ahead in time long past when Luke has faded into the mists of time. It was too depressing after the hype and excitement of the return of the classic trilogy characters to find out that, yes, they are bringing them back but they are barely in the movies and they kill off a whole bunch of them.

I also still feel Star Wars is the Adventures of Luke Skywalker and I would love a series of movies or a TV series about the ongoing adventures of CGI de-aged classic trilogy Luke.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 9, '22, 5:29 PM.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Loved the finale, great space Western stuff. Loved the mid credits scenes, yeah.

I love Ming-Na Wen/Fennech, she’s such a baddarze…
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

great finale. i predicted we would see Boba doing that. so cool to see the beast in action

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Good finale, but it would be hard to top the previous episode. As with all of Rodriguez's episodes of this series, a few of the action scenes were suprpisingly saggy. This is hard to imagine from the guy who directed Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City. I think the finale solidified the point of the whole series and Boba's journey. Some folks just couldn't accept character growth, but this episode announced in neon lights "I'm a changed man!" Great use of Cad Bane to show that.

I would watch a Deepfake Luke movie or series too. I enjoyed the sequels, and really liked the new characters, but there was a "Star Trek:Generations" approach to the old that has left more and more of a bad taste in my mouth, particularly regarding Luke. As I've mentioned before, I wouldn't mind a time travel storyline that "fixed" Luke's role in those films.
                      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Fennec is great! Mando as always is great, I feel Boba just isn't getting the right lines/story to be effective.

This last one was directed by Robert Rodriguez, he by far directed the worst episodes this season IMO. Without looking I knew he directed it right away. The "Mod" gang, we were all rooting for them all to be killed. They just don't match the rest of the series at all and are terrible. Those large droideka droids with the shields were cool, but they were slow to walk and slow to turn but the "heroes" just couldn't get away from them which was rather funny as well. They'd run or be on a vehicle and then turn around and there they were again, LOL.

Oh well, it's still Star Wars and I'm there and will watch it, but the season was pretty uneven and I feel it was due to the one director.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Awesome finale. We loved it. The high noon showdown was incredible.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

FINALE SPOILERS
                            SPOILERS
                            SPOILERS

You kinda knew all the story beats going in: the other crimelords were going to break their deal, the people of Freetown were going to come at the last minute to help, Grogu would return and do some cool move with the Force, Jabba would ride the Rancor at some point, etc. The only real surprise was the fakeout where I assumed Black Krrsantan is why Bob's bacta tank was "occupied", only for the mid-credit reveal of Cobb Vanth. But I still found it satisfying.

I liked the Book of Boba Fett series overall, but I'd be fine with this just being a one shot.

So I'm calling it now. We are going to get a Cobb and Krrsantan team-up that is basically a knockoff Han and Chewie. And I would watch the heck out of it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

I got to watch it last night with my son. I was pretty satisfied with all of it; a few nitpicks but nothing significant. I love the idea of a KO Han and Chewie.

Spoiler space

Kinda disappointed that Cad Bane is dead. I wish he could have been defeated and left alive just to see more of him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

SPOILERS

Kinda disappointed that Cad Bane is dead. I wish he could have been defeated and left alive just to see more of him.
                                Is he though? His little light on his chest was still blinking, and he's already "mod"-ed. Of course, I would think they would have made sure he was dead, since he was laying out in their streets, but...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎