• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Finally a good episode of Boba Fett!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Unlike many, I've enjoyed the series, but yeah this episode made me realize how much more I enjoyed it's predecessor.
      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        Is it bad to say the best Boba episode yet had no sign of Boba whatsoever?
        Totally agree with that!
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Is it bad to say the best Boba episode yet had no sign of Boba whatsoever?
          I haven’t seen a sign of Boba Fett since the show began.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i laughed when i saw that they made the star tours robot canon now, haha

great episode

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              I haven’t seen a sign of Boba Fett since the show began.
              So true!

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Unlike many, I've enjoyed the series, but yeah this episode made me realize how much more I enjoyed it's predecessor.
                That's exactly where I'm at too. Which is a shame... because I feel like Ming-Na Wen is killing it as Fennec Shand. I just wish that character was on a better show.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

i laughed when i saw that they made the star tours robot canon now, haha

great episode
                  Yes, that was great. And I think the commercial ship was a slight push for the Galactic Starcruiser hotel/resort experience.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Really enjoyed episode 5. Looks like 6 could conceivably give us a team up again. I'm liking the series thus far, but not as well as Mando. For myself, Mando was a "good guy" version of Boba Fett. He reasons from a moral code that challenges his belief system. I didn't expect Boba Fett to fall into similar territory. I always envisioned him being a bit edgier with a degree of mystery to him that we would have to figure out for ourselves. But they seem determined to flush Boba Fett out fully. And its not like its not an interesting story in its own right. But after watching this character remain something of an enigma for 40 plus years, its been a tough swallow to see him transition from once feared bounty hunter for the Empire to wise ruler of thugs, who always takes the high road. It feels a bit forced to divorce him so swiftly from his family's heritage, but we'll see. I'm sure there are a few twists left to unfold. Nonetheless its fun.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Really enjoyed episode 5. Looks like 6 could conceivably give us a team up again. I'm liking the series thus far, but not as well as Mando. For myself, Mando was a "good guy" version of Boba Fett. He reasons from a moral code that challenges his belief system. I didn't expect Boba Fett to fall into similar territory. I always envisioned him being a bit edgier with a degree of mystery to him that we would have to figure out for ourselves. But they seem determined to flush Boba Fett out fully. And its not like its not an interesting story in its own right. But after watching this character remain something of an enigma for 40 plus years, its been a tough swallow to see him transition from once feared bounty hunter for the Empire to wise ruler of thugs, who always takes the high road. It feels a bit forced to divorce him so swiftly from his family's heritage, but we'll see. I'm sure there are a few twists left to unfold. Nonetheless its fun.
                      They should have just left him a total mystery, never once exploring his background and never once showing him without the helmet. Every episode should have just been a new bounty for him to pursue, and a chance to show why we was the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. We could have followed him all over the galaxy as he crossed paths with a bunch of new characters as well as old, familiar ones.

It’s just hard to imagine the guys who got the Mandalorian so right got Boba Fett so wrong. I mean, we’ve got teenage biker gangs flying around on shiny, brand new power rangers scooters. It’s unreal.

EDIT: And this is clearly a Robert Rodriguez problem. It’s no coincidence that the best episode of the series wasn’t about Boba and wasn’t directed by Rodriguez, but was instead about the Mandalorian and directed by Ron Howard’s daughter.
                      Last edited by Liu Bei; Jan 28, '22, 2:21 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i suspect, that book of boba is setting up storylines for future shows, including Mandalorian, possibly tying into Obi wan and Ahsoka

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Loved the episode…
                          sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Very enjoyable.

I'd like to see the custom starship as a new toy, in Mandalorian packaging, and I probably will get one if they make it, which seems likely.

I find it funny that there are a lot of jokes of getting the old silver spray paint out for The Phantom Menace ones.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Not sure why all the hate. Dude came close to dying and pretty much figured out bounty hunting isn't all it's cracked up to be. Boba would rather have that larger piece of pie that Jabba left behind.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 29, 2007

I’m really enjoying it a lot. Lots of fun nods. You can see them tying all this together.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎