• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

McFarlane Batman 66

Batcave 2.jpg

I had the chance to see wave one of the latest Batman 66 lineup and I have some questions. I am happy to see that McFarlane go beyond what Mattel has done but it does not show in the details. Mattel never attempted to do a Batcave but the one that McFarlane release looks more like it would fit better with the 3.75 inch figures. Those Bat-Computers are really small compared to the figure. There is no way Batman is going to set at that desk. Still going to get one but put it away for awhile.

McFarlane
    Batmobile (2).jpg
    I will pass on that Batmobile. The Mattel has way more decorations on it that the McFarlane version

Mattel
    Batman66_Batmobile16 (2).jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I got the Batcave in last week. It's the only piece I have so far. It does work well for a display with the 6" Mattel figures. But yeah, I think overall it would work better with a smaller line, especially for play value. For display, it's fine, and it really makes the figures pop. I haven't seen the McFarlane figures in person, but overall, I think I'm still going to like Mattel's efforts better. Their Batmobile is superb.

sigpic

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

I have ordered these figures from target and think they are great. I missed out on the bat mobile , but scored a batcave off E-bay. I just came into a big time issue with the Target website, wondering if this happened to anyone. I had preordered the maskless Batman and the three others. I got multiple emails regarding the figures which to be honest, I did not read them all. The Batman, joker, and robin came and in two different orders.
      Last week there weee some emails about the maskless, with one saying it’s going to be delivered on Friday. Forgetting about it, I see another email how it was cancelled. I was like ***???
      I go back thru the emails that tells me I need to confirm so it was not to be cancelled. I contact Target thru a online conversation forum. Apparently I needed to read my emails better to confirm my order or it would be cancelled. I explained to the rep that I would not think to do that, and why would you have that policy in the first place. I demanded her to replace my order because it is no longer on the site. She has the nerve to tell me that I need to watch the website and order when it’s back on. Again, I disagreed with her, and explained again my position that I preordered it, and why do it all over again?
      I had to finally tell her to tell her upper managers that they suck.
      Still upset over this.
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That's ridiculous. My Batcave order was cancelled after multiple delay notices. Maybe I failed to do the same thing. But if so, that is a horrible poicy.

I was able to reorder it, and get it in. I haven't tried to get the figures yet. I want to see them in person first if I can.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• mego maniac mark
          Career Member
          • Aug 3, 2010

I love your display Chris! I just went on target web and they had the bat mobile. I ordered it with another Batman to get free shipping. No sign of the maskless one of course. Is the one by the bat poles a McFarlane, or Did Mattel make one as well?
          I did not get all the Mattel offers but have a few & the bat mobile.
          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks! All the figures in my display are Mattel. I haven't had a chance to get any of the McFarlanes yet, other than the Batcave. That Bruce/Batman was released with a Batcave set that came with the larger (actually in scale) Batcomputer you can see on the far left, behind Alfred. It came with a ton of show-related accessories.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Target cancelled mine after making me renew the preorder for months upon months. Super annoying.

That said, it recently popped back up on Target and I used their new 25% off coupon on it. So jokes on them I guess.

I only bought it to go with my Funko Batman 66 figures, since it's clearly been made in 3 3/4 scale.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎