X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 96: Mummy Movies

Pod Stallions 96: Mummy Movies As we approach all Hallow’s Eve, Jason and Brain talk about the bandaged terror that is the Mummy! From Imhotep to Kharis and sort of back to Imhotep again. We try to cover every Mummy movie we can over the course of the last 70 years. Pull up a sarcophagus […]
    The post Pod Stallions 96: Mummy Movies appeared first on PS.

More...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Oh yeah! My favorite monster!

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

I was first introduced to the mummy in film in the late 60s with the Tylor and Chaney versions. I didn't have a real appreciation for the Karloff mummy till quite recently, the last 5 years or so.
      That being said, Hammer also has several excellent mummy films, besides the obvious, The Mummy, an even better one is The Mummys Shroud, IMO.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I give Hammer a lot of credit for trying something different with each of their mummy films. Karloff is in a class by himself, but I think Lee's version is perfect of its type, and its whole cast shines.

IMO Chaney Jr's mummy films are not really mummy films but rather zombie films with Egyptian window-dressing.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2020

I busted a gut when Brian said They call me Bruce lol

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

As always, a great listen. When you referenced Wheeler and Woolsey, I thought we'd get an analysis of Mummy's Boys. When I was growing up, two of my sources for any info were the Halliwell Film Guide (primarily giving actors' credits, but they had little sections on some subjects, including things like mummies) and a book called Saturday Afternoon At the Bijou, which had chapters on various old film series, including several of the horror ones from Universal. The Halliwell entry mentioned booth the A&C and Wheeler & Woolsey film, and it wasn't until my twenties I got to see it. It was not worth the wait. In the Bijou book, I remember it focusing on the Tom Tyler sequel (one film always got the majority of the discussion), but I'd pour over the photos in it long before I finally got to see the series when a local station ran them.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Listening now, but I have to agree Hammer's The Mummy is my absolute favorite Mummy film. I also prefer the Universal Kharis films just for the fun of them. Karloff's look is the best, and I even dig his Ardeth Bey look and character, but I gotta go with Kharis for that intersting early slasher action.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎