X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Vintage Megos in the wild

I was at the Jim And Dan's Comic and Toy Show just outside Dayton yesterday, and saw a handful of vintage Megos for sale, most loose, but saw these two at one vendor's table...

mego waltons.jpg

I'm not a collector of the Walton's Megos, but it was cool to see some still in the box in the wild.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Oct 25, '21, 11:19 AM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • shazam7208
    Career Member
    • Oct 28, 2008

Always enjoy seeing the vintage figures in the wild!

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Definitely cool to see something like this out there, do you remember what the asking price was?

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

I didn't ask because everything that was priced was sky high. He only had a few things marked and he was the kind of vendor who was lecturing potential customers about the history of every item they asked about instead of actually answering the question asked to show off his expertise rather than trying to actually get someone interested in buying something. After watching him pontificate to three potential customers while I was browsing at a nearby table, I wasn't going to ask him anything.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

With the mego knowledge that you know, it would have been interesting to see if the history lesson the vendor gave you on mego and the Waltons is actually accurate, if you had asked about the price.

I’ve gone to baseball card shows in the past and have come across vendors like this.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by TrekStar
            With the mego knowledge that you know, it would have been interesting to see if the history lesson the vendor gave you on mego and the Waltons is actually accurate, if you had asked about the price.

I’ve gone to baseball card shows in the past and have come across vendors like this.
            Considering I overheard him trying to tell someone the Waltons were the first figures Mego ever produced and predated all the other Mego dolls including World's Greatest Super-Heroes, I decided it wasn't worth my time...

-M

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎