Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI JOE 3 3/4 inch O-ring figures are back!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

GI JOE 3 3/4 inch O-ring figures are back!

Announced on Hasbro Pulse Con. O-ring replaces retro. Brand new vintage inspired line. Recreations of vintage figures with improved construction. Like better O-Rings and more flexable plastic for the hands. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow 2 pack pre-order today on Hasbro Pulse.

G.I. Joe O-Ring Retro Collection Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow Figures Revealed With More To Come

Haslab also has a deluxe Skystriker for crowd funding.

Click here for instructions Limit of 5 per customer. I Will Avenge This Insult! You thought you could get away with creating a G.I. Joe super offering without Cobra knowing?! You fools, you forgot to make it super! What nitwit conceived of this abhorrence?! They’ll live to regret it! Cobra Commander is here, and I’ll s
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

interesting. always the same 2 characters leading off a line? I prefer the V2 snake eyes myself, the one that came with the wolf

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

V1 Snake Eyes has been reissued a lot over the years but this is the first time it's been recreated with the correct pelvis. So many of the original RAH figure molds were damaged or destroyed we've never gotten accurate reissues before. I'm impressed they went to the effort to recreate the figures with all the previously missing parts.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Cool that they are making these, but $40!?!

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
          Still cheaper than MOC originals...a tiny fraction in fact.

I will own ALL of these. No question.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
            It's because of the premium packaging for the 2 pack. I doubt single card releases will be as expensive.

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Still cheaper than MOC originals...a tiny fraction in fact.
            Totally! Probably way cheaper than the comic pack reissues with the wrong parts too. I am SO looking forward to these.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Hasbro has finally taken notice of the popularity of all the third party O-ring figure companies. Time to reclaim the market!

Comment

• msenger76
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 3, 2009

I'm so tempted to buy that skystriker!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 23, 2013

Fascinating.

It's nice they are making them that way, it's an exciting time.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I really liked and collected the heck out of the 25th style figures but I am absolutely giddy the O-Ring figures are coming back. I am happy we are getting true 3 3/4 inch RAH figures unlike the 25th era 4 inch figures.

The Walmart retro line is of course now over but it had some really nice figures in its short run. The best modern Scarlett by far as well as improved repaints of hard to get figures like 50th Destro. I also never pass up a chance to grab a HISS tank. There were some obvious stinkers in the line like screaming Duke. I really hate that head sculpt and it should never ever, ever, EVER be reissued again. The biggest disappointment for me of the 25th style era is we never got a good update of V1 Duke. It was either tiny head or screaming head. Duke deserved better.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I found a Walmart retro Grunt just once and he's a great upgrade. Yeah the Duke one was a let down. Stalker is quite the peg warmer right now. Also, the vehicles upgrades are a nice upgrade too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

This is my wish list of 10 Joes and 10 Cobras I'd love to see made in the retro O-ring line. I'm only leaving out Storm Shadow 1984 (a must have) because we already know he is getting released. I'm also going by the carded release dates and not the mail in versions.

Joes

1 Duke 1984
                        2 Snake Eyes with Timber 1985
                        3 Scarlett 1982
                        4 Roadblock 1984
                        5 Flint 1985
                        6 Lady Jaye 1985
                        7 Shipwreck 1985
                        8 Spirt 1984
                        9 Mutt and Junkyard 1984
                        10 Stalker 1982

Cobra

1 Cobra Commander 1983
                        2 Destro 1983
                        3 Baroness 1984
                        4 Major Bludd 1983
                        5 Cobra (Trooper) 1982
                        6 Cobra Officer 1982
                        7 Zartan 1984
                        8 Buzzer 1985
                        9 Ripper 1985
                        10 Torch 1985

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎