Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEGOS Found in NY. Check if you need these.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

MEGOS Found in NY. Check if you need these.

Hello Everyone,

I found a mom & pop store in my area that has a TON of new-ish MEGO figures. I would be willing to help anyone who needs the following:

Stan Lee
    Glow-In-the-Dark Dracula
    Twilight Zone Kannimit
    Linda Blair Exorcist
    Lord of the Rings Legolas and Aragorn
    The Fly
    Hannibal Lecter
    Mr. Hyde
    The Scary Guy, (Harold the Scarcrow? looks like his face is an emaciated Pumpkin)
    Lt. Cmdr. Data

This is all the stock they have.

Price point on all is $14.99 ea retail but there will be NYS Sales Tax & if I have to ship items you must pay shipping. There are red price stickers on these. Some of the peg holes have torn & have been replaced with plastic re-enforcements. Otherwise they are in brand new shape. If anyone needs these or you have questions post them here.

I would like to add that I'm not going to reveal the name of store.

I'm not here to help anyone get rich, I'm not going to help anyone "flip" valuable figures on eBay or corner the market on any type of these. I'm trying to help people get the figures they want not go in and buy up all their stock.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by johnmiic
    Hello Everyone,

I found a mom & pop store in my area that has a TON of new-ish MEGO figures. I would be willing to help anyone who needs the following:

Stan Lee
    Glow-In-the-Dark Dracula
    Twilight Zone Kannimit
    Linda Blair Exorcist
    The Fly
    Hannibal Lecter
    Mr. Hyde
    The Scary Guy, (Harold the Scarcrow? looks like his face is an emaciated Pumpkin)
    Lt. Cmdr. Data

Price point on all is $14.99 ea retail but there will be NYS Sales Tax & if I have to ship items you must pay shipping. There are red price stickers on these. Some of the peg holes have torn & have been replaced with plastic re-enforcements. Otherwise they are in brand new shape. If anyone needs these or you have questions post them here.

I'm not here to help anyone get rich, I'm not going to help anyone "flip" valuable figures on eBay or corner the market on any type of these. I'm trying to help people get the figures they want not go in and buy up all their stock.
    I don't think any of those figures are "valuable". How do you think someone is going to get rich? I had some of those figures for sale and nobody wanted them at $14 each.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Lonnie,

My goal is to connect people with figures they can't otherwise find. I don't know if any of these are valuable or not - didn't know. Based on what I see these have been warming the pegs since last fall. So not only are they *not* valuable but I don't think this store will be stocking any further waves. This is all they have-probably all they're going to carry.

If I reveal the store, chances are some people who live in NY could descend on the place and buy out all the stock of 1 character or scour the place for rarities or valuable items. I knew a guy who had 2 friends who ransacked TRU and many other toy stores in the `90's for anything rare or valuable.

I don't condone that behavior.

If anyone out of NY State can't find these I'd be happy to pick them up & mail them to whoever wants them at no profit to me. I'm not looking for anything in this but to help out if people can't find them. I'm not going to contribute to a toy hunt.

If people don't need these figures they can warm the pegs and maybe other kids/people will discover how good MEGO's are.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Hi John,

I'd like a glow Dracula, a Legolas and an Aragorn, if you can get them for me, please?

Dana
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• DavidCoppola
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

Where in NY?

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
            Where in NY?
            I'm guessing Flushing in Queens since that's what he has listed as his location.
            Scott

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

I Need a Data, please help.
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                Career Member
                • Jan 11, 2013

Looking for a Mr Hyde.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by johnmiic
                  Hello Everyone,

Stan Lee
                  Glow-In-the-Dark Dracula
                  Twilight Zone Kannimit
                  Linda Blair Exorcist
                  The Fly
                  Hannibal Lecter
                  Mr. Hyde
                  Lt. Cmdr. Data

Very generous of you considering your time and effort.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• TheXFactor
                    Museum Patron
                    • Oct 31, 2013

I have to admit that the whole "I'm not going to reveal the name of store", " I'm not going to contribute to a toy hunt", "I don't condone that behavior" thought process is kind of strange- especially since you also wrote "Based on what I see these have been warming the pegs since last fall". So? If anything you've just confirmed that it's dead inventory, and I'm certain that the owners would be glad to be rid of it all in one shot. Not only does it clear up shelf space which can then be used for inventory that actually sells, but whoever took the time to go to the store would likely make other purchases as well. That's the whole point of a retail store- to SELL merchandise. So even if someone only bought the dead Mego inventory, it'd still be a good dollar amount as far as a transaction goes. Plus then they wouldn't have to mark everything down and likely take a loss, which is especially helpful for a "mom & pop" establishment like the one you're describing.

As a personal example, I sell at both flea markets and music shows and have had this large amount of unsold Deep Purple/DP family tree related CDs, DVDs, and books for quite some time now (which I guess makes them "table warmers"). I would absolutely LOVE IT if a collector got wind of what I had for sale, came to a show, and purchased all of it. Couldn't care less if everything got flipped after the fact because it'd all be gone and I would not only have money but also space on my table that could be utilized for something else. Literally a win/win.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎