Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squid Game

Squid Game

I didn’t really know where to start this thread. I decided the sci-fi section might be a decent landing party.

Anyway, it’s being hyped up tremendously. It has become a global phenomena.

Is it deserving?

You better believe it. I friggin LOVED it!!!!

The entire cast, awesome. The lead character, fantastic. Actress/model HoYeon Jung…GORGEOUS!!!

One thing I didn’t like…the VIPs. I don’t want to spoil anything, but if you Google Squid Game VIP, you might get what I meant.

But other than that, it was awesome.

9 episodes, and binged watched it in two days.

It’s on Netflix. Highly recommend. Check it out.

Last edited by Hector; Nov 3, '21 at 8:17 PM.

I got 4 more to go….love it so far!

Images
    my daughter keeps telling us to watch it. we just finished Dark, so maybe we will watch this next

Images
    It's definitely fun. Some of the dubbed dialogue gets a bit weird in a vintage Godzilla sort of way, but other than that, the story is great, and the characters interesting. Highly recommended.

Boyfriend & I watched this as soon as it dropped and it is well worth the praise it is getting. These series goes to prove if you have a good scripts it doesn't mattr who is in front of the camera to make it worth while.

I would not be surprised to see some type of Action Figures get released of this show.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    I started watching it yesterday. 3 episodes in I think... So far it is definitely entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    It's definitely fun. Some of the dubbed dialogue gets a bit weird in a vintage Godzilla sort of way, but other than that, the story is great, and the characters interesting. Highly recommended.
    Oh, no dubbing for me. I have always loved hearing the original language. I’m a speed reader anyway…subtitles, no problem, ha..

I’ve heard from Korean speakers that even some of the subtitles are inaccurate and lost in translation. But regardless, I still prefer it over dubbing. I want to hear the actual actors talk in their native language. Wished it was in Japanese though, as I can understand Japanese a lot more than Korean.

Still, regardless how you watch it, either way is fine…as long as you watch it…

Images
    watched the first episode tonight, it is soo slow to get started, but once it does, holy cow. this is a violent show, lol

^^^^^^^

I actually liked the first slow deliberate two thirds of the first episode. It’s fascinating to get into Korean culture. Despite its First World status (South), it still struggles with a large overworked, underpaid, and unemployed segment of the population (other Korean movies like The Wailing and Parasite are perfect examples of showcasing the underclass as well). Love how this message is all tied down to this wonderful storyline of mayhem and violence…

Last edited by Hector; Oct 21, '21 at 9:21 PM.

I keep getting told that I need to watch the dubbed version to get a laugh at the movie, we may give it a try.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log