X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Enchantment Girls: Monster High Knockoff Dolls

I saw this video review of this Monster High knockoff doll on youtube, and I had to have them!

Enchantmentgirlsyellow1.jpgEnchantmentGirlsRed1_750x.jpg

I know some members here like knockoff toys, so thought I'd post this. I remember reading a post a few months ago about the lack of fun knockoff dolls/figures at the discount stores. Yes, these are cheaply made compared to the originals, but that's why we love these knockoffs in the first place! I really love the freaky skin and hair colors, and the box art is fun!
    The Enchanted Girls are sold at dd's discount. I never heard of that store before, so I went to their website and discovered there were a few dd's in my vicinity. Seems they're related to Ross stores.
    I went to 3 different dd's stores, but only one store had these dolls. I purchased all 4. Two of the dolls were packaged in smaller boxes and were reduced to $3.99. The other two dolls were packaged in bigger boxes and were $7.99
    The other 2 stores were smaller, and the toy shelves were bare. Hopefully, they'll get more around Christmas time.

Last edited by RonnyG; Oct 20, '21, 8:37 PM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Never heard of dd's Discounts before. I'm surprised there's still MH knock offs floating around. They were all over the place at MH's peak.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

They could show up at Family Dollar/Dollar General or even Big Lots for the Christmas holidays
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Never heard of dd's Discounts before. I'm surprised there's still MH knock offs floating around. They were all over the place at MH's peak.
        Me, too. Never heard of dd's before. Apparently, they've opened their first store in 2004, and have been growing ever since. Check their website to see if there's one in your area. It looks just like Ross inside so I'm not surprised they're related. They do have a lot of nice Barbie knockoff dolls with playsets like a kitchen or a doctor's office, but I like the quirky monster dolls better. Even my receipt called them Monster Dolls even though that's not on the box.

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        They could show up at Family Dollar/Dollar General or even Big Lots for the Christmas holidays
        That would be nice if they stock more. I'm going to drive to another store later this afternoon. My doll has a tiny sticker on it's back which says the production date was July 2018 so they've been out for a while now. Two of the dolls I purchased had reduced price stickers on them so I hope that doesn't mean the end of this line.

These dolls are cheaply made, and should really only cost a dollar. Her hair is really thin, and she has a bald spot which is why her hair is in a ponytail to cover it up. Don't try to brush her hair or it will come out. She looks better keeping her in the box because the box is creative and colorful, and makes her look more higher-end than she really is.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Surprised to see another review for these--almost identical as the other review I posted!
          Just goes to show that there must be a craving out there for more monster dolls.

Last edited by RonnyG; Nov 8, '21, 2:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎