Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie's Munsters

Images
    I’m not digging the house interiors (too Addams Family, not enough Munsters...where is the dust? Where are the cobwebs?), but whatever...I also noticed in both of the photos of the cast in front of the house (that I’ve seen), that Sheri (is it?) in make up and wardrobe is wearing an all-black dress. Sigh...Okay, Lily never wore all black, Morticia wears all black. Lily wears light colored dresses (with a little black trim), like white, lavender, pink, etc... This sort of stuff irks me. Rob says he’s a fan and he’s getting certain things correct, like the outside of the house, but why screw up the interior? Why would he screw up Lily’s look?

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Jun 19, '22 at 1:45 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    Since it's a movie and not a classic TV show i'm guessing Lili will have wardrobe changes.

Most classic TV shows never had wardrobe changes because it was easy to shoot out of sequence (saving a lot of money)

Images
    They got Pat Priest to agree to do a cameo. Word is it may be an exclusive to Peacock and not go to theaters.

Images
    Yikes. They're saying the run time is around 3 hours.

This entire project has epic fail written all over it.

The original show was lightning in a bottle, and every attempt to bring it back has been mediocre to terrible.

Given Rob Zombie's track record, along with his incessant need to cast his wife in every damn thing he does, I'm not excited for this at all.

Images
    To me this movie seems like it might be a prequel.

Eddie isn't born yet and Marilyn might be just introduced... Maybe providing definitive proof explaining Marilyn is actually Doctor Jeckle's daughter.

Perhaps The Munsters just arrived in America and bought their mansion starting everthing flowing as what we known and think of the Munsters TV series.

I could live with that ...

I'm not a super-fan of Rob Zombie, but I like some of the stuff he's done (1000 corpses and Rejects)

Knowing he's a big fan of the original series i'm confident he'll treat the legacy with kit gloves …

I'm looking up to it's release

I'm pretty sure they've cast Eddie and Marilyn.

It doesn't appear to be a "prequel" in that sense.

I will say everything that's coming out shows that Zombie is taking this project very seriously, that it doesn't really have the standard Zombie trademarks (aside from casting his hack wife, etc) and that he's trying to make this true to the Munsters and not really be his own thing.

The only issue I see is Zombie's general lack of talent. He's not a good director in any sense of the word. But maybe he can do something here when he's more handcuffed by the restraints of the property and he's a huge Munsters fan so probably wants to do it right.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Images
    I don't have a problem with Sheri Zombie

People seem to always associate her as Rob Zombie's version of Yoko Ono but I don't get that vibe.

Comparing her to her past genre equals, aka --- Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley and Barbara Crampton I think Sheri Zombie more than scores a high number in acting.

That said, Brinke Stevens will always be my fav scream queen of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't have a problem with Sheri Zombie

People seem to always associate her as Rob Zombie's version of Yoko Ono but I don't get that vibe.

Comparing her to her past genre equals, aka --- Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley and Barbara Crampton I think Sheri Zombie more than scores a high number in acting.

That said, Brinke Stevens will always be my fav scream queen of all time
    I would never associate her with Ono, that would make Zombie into Lennon and that's a far more egregious title. And I liked White Zombie!

I don't think she can hold a candle to Crampton or Quigley for example and I think the best evidence for that is that she's almost never been cast by anyone other than Zombie himself. If she was good, others would cast her.

She's passable, but only in films based on nepotism, IMO.

All that said, I think the stigma was when she was cast that he was back to his old tricks and as I mentioned above, at least from what we've seen, he's largely not, aside from relying a few of his usuals for roles. And in the case of Dan Roebuck, that's actually a good thing.

But we could be misled and the entire thing be the usual Zombie hot mess. We shall see, but I'm hopeful that since he's at least trying, it'll be alright.

Rob's saying his film is going to retain the vibe of the original show... I hope it does.

https://ew.com/movies/the-munsters-r...5YSE3-GMUxJPls