• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Rob Zombie's Munsters

munsters.jpg

Well like or not here is the next version of The Munsters...
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Super-fan and collector Daniel Roebuck as Grandpa? Now THAT is wonderful casting! If he has any amount of influence, hopefully he'll help steer the project in the right direction.

Everyone looks very good and VERY traditional. We'll see what Zombie does with it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, Dan's presence makes me smile.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

All of them are no strangers to Rob Zombie productions.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Rob Zombie (love him or hate him) is a true fan of the genre

I have complete confidence he will do the Munster's legacy justice

Go on YouTube and search his Munster's mansion being built as we speak …...

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Man they look good except shoehorning his untalented wife into a lead role. BARF.

But seeing Roebuck there is cool. Does he have a mustache?

We'll see how this goes. I don't trust Zombie to do this any good, he's proven to be one of the worst directors ever, so I'm sure there will be copious amounts of disembowelment, rape and a general lack of plot... But we'll see.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Not a fan of Zombie's movies. Just cannot stomach that much violence and cruelty. That said, I'm sure he realizes the Munsters is more of a family friendly property and wont pour on the violence and gore. Can't be any worse than Mockingbird Lane. The character designs are pretty close to the originals at least.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• KnightDetective
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 31, 2012

Well, add me to the chorus pleased to see Roebuck involved. Loved him in stuff like Blamire's Dark and Stormy Night! Not diggin' the mustache, though. House looks good. All I'll say about the rest is that I would like to have seen Brad Garrett get a crack at Herman. I mean, come on! Somebody throw him the ball!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Well, add me to the chorus pleased to see Roebuck involved. Loved him in stuff like Blamire's Dark and Stormy Night! Not diggin' the mustache, though. House looks good. All I'll say about the rest is that I would like to have seen Brad Garrett get a crack at Herman. I mean, come on! Somebody throw him the ball!
                  At least we have that sweet Apple commercial from a few years back.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Rob Zombie is a top tier art designer when it comes to creating the proper sets for his films. For me, that is his great gift to the craft. But when it comes to direction and dialogue, he's at the opposite end. All of his characters are consistently one-note, vulgar human beings no matter how they're situated in his stories. So the fact that he says his version will be a "new take", pretty much tells me all I need to know. I'm confident it will be rated R. So any suggestion that he'll give it the family component is probably off the table. The Munsters are about to get their hands dirty... and its not from digging up old relatives. (;

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

It is a shame that Brad Garrett didn't get a shot at it. I know he campaigned for it for years and was looking to do it before the Wayans bogged down the rights for ages.

I'd agree with MIB that Zombie is great with art design, but that's about it.

I remain cautiously optimistic about this, but that he cast his wife in a lead as always is a pretty good red flag that he's not going to stray too far from his beaten path.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i don't think i have seen any of his movies. the slasher genre is just not my thing. but it looks like he casts his wife in all of his movies

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

The internet has noticed.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

That’s pretty damn funny. I hope it ends up being good. But she does seem woefully miscast for such a major part.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
                              But she does seem woefully miscast for such a major part.
                              That's what I thought, too. But admittedly, I've never seen her act.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎