Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Just saw it on HBOMax. Fun movie. Light on the story. Good action. Best thing was Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. Worst thing was that annoying skateboarding kid. The Rock was fine as Black Adam. Just wished he had hair with widow’s peak and pointy ears though. The post credit is obviously awesome, but now given how things went with the whole James Gunn rebooting fiasco…sad as well.

Black Adam…7.5 out of 10.
    Last edited by Hector; Dec 16, '22, 11:16 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I saw it a couple of weeks ago; it seemed to be a real trope fest, copying everything from Terminator 2 to many, many Marvel movies. This makes it a decent DC movie somehow.
      Nothing wrong with it and if I saw it ten years earlier I'd probably have a Black Adam tattoo, but now it just felt a bit forced.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

watched it last night. i enjoyed it but really all i could see was the Rock dressed up as a super. still a fun movie and Dr Fate and Hawkman were really well done

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I do NOT like Rock movies, there cookie cutter movies where he wins. I did not like the changes in Black Adam. The other characters where great. To be truthful I barely remember the real badguy.

Personally I will be glad when James does restart the whole DC Cinematic Universe.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

The Flash, Shazam 2 and Blue Beetle in 2023, I guess no DC films for 2024 then?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

The Rock confirmed he is out as Adam, though Gunn indicted they were talking about possible use in future DCU, but no Adam 2

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The Rock's mouth was writing checks he couldn't cash. He tried to take over WB's DC unit through sheer charisma, and it blew up in his face, and unfortunately Cavill's.

If you smell what the Rock was cooking... it was BS.
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  The Rock confirmed he is out as Adam, though Gunn indicted they were talking about possible use in future DCU, but no Adam 2
                  I didn't much want a Geoff Johns Black Adam, and I didn't much want The Rock as any Black Adam.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

Just watched it and overall I liked it. some dragging parts and I thought atom smasher looked too much like deadpool and I wasn't keen on the villian(and the video game effects on it). But a pretty good superhero movie. Shame though we won't see this JSA with the JLA on the big screen. Hawkman brought it.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

I was late seeing this and thus late offering any review, but I liked it. Even with some violence and the darkness of an anti-hero, it has a sense of fun and some humor that showed some of the missed potential from other DCEU films. I'm a huge Marvel Family fan, so I might be a biased viewer, although I think my bias is to be against some of the changes here, and I still very much enjoyed the film. The Rock was never too much for me, as I had feared, and the JSA worked well. I'm sorry the new direction for DC films will apparently end this one here.
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Scott777
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 4, 2023

i liked it, but i swear i saw some strings that weren't edited out in a scene where Hawkman was hovering and talking.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎