Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I’ve seen different trailers for this movie and it’s definitely something I plan on watching.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Surprisingly I enjoyed this. Well, surprisingly for me anyway.

It was a bit uneven at times, but over a fun ride. And I think Johnson played the character well, evolving from anger driven to more humane. Still not a hero, but moving that way.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad to see you guys liked it. I want to like, and hope to like it. I screwed up and read a couple of reviews before we've had a chance to go and it got slaughtered. I keep telling myself I won't do that.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I read bad reviews but also read that audiences enjoyed it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I went somewhat begrudgingly because my 20 year old son wanted to see it, and it gave us an excuse for a family outing. We all really enjoyed it! Not Snyder dour, as some have said. It felt a bit more Marvel-like in many ways with the character banter and some welcome humorous moments (but not TOO many). Johnson wasn't playing "Dwayne Johnson" which I appreciated. There are some twists to the story that he delivered very well. His character growth was believable. The JSA (or just JS) were all great. Bronsan kind of stole the show in his scenes. I dug this version of Hawkman.

Visually, I thought Dr. Fate's magic looked a bit too much like Cumberbatch's Dr. Strange. I think they should have come up with a different visual style for that.

There were a few headscrating "why are these characters working for this person" moments, but maybe that's something that will be addressed in later DCEU films. I do NOT think they have any kind of plan, but they could do something with it. The end credit scene, despite it being spoiled EVERYWHERE does indeed pack a punch with a lot of potential.
            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i plan on watching it when it hits HBO max. i am wondering though, do they explain the existence of the JSA? it seemed like, in Batman V Superman, that they were the only known heroes. Luthor had a secret file on some other potential supes but does not seem like the rest of the world knew about them

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                It felt a bit more Marvel-like in many ways with the character banter and some welcome humorous moments (but not TOO many).
                I definitely felt that. Anything more said would risk spoilers.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

i plan on watching it when it hits HBO max. i am wondering though, do they explain the existence of the JSA? it seemed like, in Batman V Superman, that they were the only known heroes. Luthor had a secret file on some other potential supes but does not seem like the rest of the world knew about them
                  SPOILERS

No, they really don't explain their existence. Hawkman and Dr. Fates are portrayed as old hands at this, and Atom Smasher is a generational character, taking over from his great uncle who was the original Atom Smasher (also a fun actor cameo).

They are also taking orders from Amanda Waller, which seems very strange, given how "by the book" Hawkman and the JSA seem to be otherwise. But maybe they aren't aware of Waller's very questionable morals.
                  sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

reading that there were 8 or 10 cut sequences from the film to shorten it for more viewings per day and a more kid friendly rating

wonder if they will release a r rated version

ReleaseTheUnCutJohnson lol

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Visually, I thought Dr. Fate's magic looked a bit too much like Cumberbatch's Dr. Strange. I think they should have come up with a different visual style for that.
                      Well, given that Dr Fate was created 20 years before Dr Strange (as you know), my answer to that…

Payback is a beeeeeeeatchhhhh!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I’ll watch it on HBOMax…
                        sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

There is a brief interlude where Kent talks of the great war.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 8, 2015

This film should be retitled: HAWKMAN and the JSA vs. Black Adam

Hawkman did himself proud. But!

Red pants??? C'mon!!!!!

Maxine was brilliant. Al was a putz. I can see him aligning with Adam as he did in the comics.

Very gullible kid. And "Uncle Al". Really???

There was supposed to be a explanation of where Shiera was unless it slipped by me.

SPOILERS

And Maxine's profile on the computer screen said:. Red Tornado. But she is referred to as Cyclone?????

Personally it I don't get the bad reviews, this film was action from the get go and the story was good. But I am not Kool with this RETCONNING of the JSA especially when it's clear to me that there is a JLA present.

Where were the JSA when Steppenwolf attacked? Or Doomsday? I hate this crap.

Oh and they could have made Adam's ears POINTIER like in the comics!!!

9 out of 10

Kudos to Geoff Johns and David Goyer who did the original story years ago.

JG!

Comment

• bat fisto
                              • Nov 29, 2021

I wonder if mego will make figures
                              Last edited by bat fisto; Oct 24, '22, 9:34 PM. Reason: Just wanted too

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

Black Adam will be streaming on HBO MAX Dec 16th.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎