Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Batman Main Trailer

Blog Entries
    I must admit, as a fan of the Riddler, I find this really dreary. I mean, why even make an action figure of what equates to an Anorak with Duct tape on his face?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    Hate this version of Riddler. I do not understand why DC keeps release angry Batman version. This version is not what the comic books are, in fact the comics are more Batman Family and that is what I would love to see at the theater instead of angst/angry/****ed off at the world Batman.

Yes I will watch this (thanks to HBO Max) but not as much as other movies.
    Because this is the Batman mass audiences know and the Batman of the current pop culture zeitgeist. Comics are a niche market with small audiences, and when their version of a character conflicts with that of the popular zeitgeist, it will be the better known and more popular version that wins out, especially in mass market projects like a movie or video game. That's the nature of mass media. More people know the James Whale/Boris Karloff version of the Frankenstein monster than the version form Shelly's novel and think it is THE VERSION of the monster and are completely surprised if ever exposed to Shelly's novel at how different the monster is there. The source material becomes second fiddle to mass media interpretations people come to know and expect. Batman is just the latest in a long line of characters this is true of.

-M

Images
    Wow, hadnít seen the Riddler pics yet. Strange choice to say the least. Not a fan of it. Hope thatís not his look for the entire movie, though it probably will be.

Images
    I haven't seen the film, obviously, but I too hope this isn't the Riddler's only look. As gritty and grounded as Nolan's films were, they still managed to translate the Batman Rogues into versions that were still recognizable. Scarecrow, Ra's, Joker, Two-Face, Bane and Catwoman were all "grittied up", but you could still identify them as the comic characters. Even Joaquin Phoenix's Joker had that very Cesar Romero-like suit on. No sense to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I am sure I will see this movie at some point and be thoroughly engrossed by it in the moment when I do. But there's little there in the trailer that actually gets me excited for this movie. The actual glimpses of the portrayal of Batman left me cold. The movie's visuals look good, to be certain, and it looks to be a well-shot movie with good cinematography, but I really only notice that stuff about movies when the story and the character portrayals fail to capture me. And if the best thing about a movie trailer or a movie is a car, then there has been a serious failure of storytelling ad character development/portrayal in it from where I sit. I didn't dislike this. It just didn't move the needle of my anticipation for this movie at all.

-M
    Pretty well said what I was thinking. Not sure we need another Batman movie yet but I'm certain I'll see it once it can be streamed free at home.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I must admit, as a fan of the Riddler, I find this really dreary. I mean, why even make an action figure of what equates to an Anorak with Duct tape on his face?
    See, now you know how I feel. Dismayed.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 21, '21 at 4:27 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Because this is the Batman mass audiences know and the Batman of the current pop culture zeitgeist. Comics are a niche market with small audiences, and when their version of a character conflicts with that of the popular zeitgeist, it will be the better known and more popular version that wins out, especially in mass market projects like a movie or video game. That's the nature of mass media. More people know the James Whale/Boris Karloff version of the Frankenstein monster than the version form Shelly's novel and think it is THE VERSION of the monster and are completely surprised if ever exposed to Shelly's novel at how different the monster is there. The source material becomes second fiddle to mass media interpretations people come to know and expect. Batman is just the latest in a long line of characters this is true of.

-M
    Exactly. Shelly’s monster is nothing like the Universal Karloff one.

I like old traditional. But I also like new stuff. The Riddler of past, like the Jim Carrey version, will not work in this realistic rendition of The Batman. We have already seen dozens and dozens of different renditions of popular characters. Why not this new Riddler? I’m all for it. For classical Riddler, I’ll watch its past renditions. No problem. I’m open to both worlds.

Hey. There was a question mark on the Riddlerís latte. What else do you want?

Images
    Yeah, the new Batmobile definitely looks cool.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one Comic Action Heroes "Mego Comic Activator" (working or non-working).