Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's the best live concert you have seen?

Images
    Garth Brooks in his prime, 8 rows back or Bryan Adams.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    one of my favorite shows was seeing Denny Laine at Daryl's house. My wife and i had a table right at the stage in front of his mic stand and were literally talking to him during the show. my wife was actually reading the set list off to him because he didn't have his glasses on and couldn't see it, lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    ....i saw Yes many times, and in different incarnations. the best was the Union tour where they played on a rotating stage so there were no bad seats since the stage was constantly turning...
    I saw them in Pensacola and honestly didn't realize or remember that Pensacola was the opening night of The Union Tour. They played for almost 3 hours and the crowd was really into it. I think the whole performance from that night is up on YouTube.

Images
    Maybe I mentioned this before, if so I forgot .

Ringo's All-Starr Band Mark II

Second, The Beach Boys (classic line-up with Brian and Dennis) in Allentown Pa.

Third, Roger Waters 1999 (Final Concert EVER ) --- "God Get's What God Wants"

Honorable Mention, Rod Stewart's Infatuation Tour (great oldies showcase)

In my favorites, it went beyond entertainment and became a religious experience. The artist put me in a dream-state where anything felt possible.
    Lou Reed (2003, Bowery Ballroom NYC)
    Patti Smith (2001, Ann Arbor)
    Sparks (2022, Town Hall NYC)
    Laurie Anderson (2002, Ann Arbor)
    Prince (Madison Square, 2006)
    Sigur Ros (2022, Beacon Theater NYC)

Images
    Tiny Tim,

Tiny Tim, came to my one-horse-town back in the early 70's as the guest of honor at our local fair.

Highlights included ...

... BIG BEN, largest horse EVER !!!

... California Redwood tree carved into a full sized camper

... motorcycle show performed inside an upright barrel (hard to describe but thrilling)

... VW Bug on top of telephone pole with guy waving in guests

... and yes, Tiny Tim made his appearance singing his mellow classics --

Whole thing was just weird

Images
    A friend did the math and figured out that I have seen, conservatively, over 2,500 bands live. I used to get into shows for free back in college. Sometimes, I even forget that I've seen a particular band.

The show that most recently blew me away was Black Pistol Fire at The Sinclair in Cambridge, MA in 2018. They're just a drummer and guitarist, but they fill the place like a 70s stadium show!

Prince put on an amazing performance when I saw him back in 1984 or 85 at Philadelphia's Spectrum for his Purple Rain tour.

And Elvis Costello's Spinning Songbook Tour in 1986 where he spun a giant wheel and then played whichever song it landed it on was a ton of fun. He seemed to have finally let go a lot of the anger he had when I'd seen him before.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    A friend did the math and figured out that I have seen, conservatively, over 2,500 bands live. I used to get into shows for free back in college. Sometimes, I even forget that I've seen a particular band.

The show that most recently blew me away was Black Pistol Fire at The Sinclair in Cambridge, MA in 2018. They're just a drummer and guitarist, but they fill the place like a 70s stadium show!

Prince put on an amazing performance when I saw him back in 1984 or 85 at Philadelphia's Spectrum for his Purple Rain tour.

And Elvis Costello's Spinning Songbook Tour in 1986 where he spun a giant wheel and then played whichever song it landed it on was a ton of fun. He seemed to have finally let go a lot of the anger he had when I'd seen him before.
    That's a lot of bands!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    I have seen, conservatively, over 2,500 bands live.
    DAMN!
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

I remember seeing Iron Maiden, America, The Electric Light Orchestra, among others, but if I have to pick just one it isn't really a tough one: PAUL MCCARTNEY back in 2011. Three frigging non-stop hours of music, no sweat, and he did not even perform all of his Billboard number ones, can you believe it. Awesome!