Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best live concert you have seen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

What's the best live concert you have seen?

i have been to many, many concerts in my life(have the hearing loss to prove it, lol) what is your favorite show you have been too?

for me, the best show i ever saw was McCartney in '89 at Madison Square Garden. it was his first tour in like 12-13 years. he was in top form. Really great show.

2nd best was Pink Floyd at Giants Stadium, same year. Momentary lapse of Reason tour. Just an amazing show. if you have never been able to see Floyd live you really missed out

ironically, of all the major acts i was able to see live, i never did get to see the Stones. they always seemed to come around when someone I liked much more was also going on sale and i couldn't afford both.

I even got to see Grand Funk once, in a bar. Though it was really only Mark Farner from the original line up. still a great show.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

1. Roger Waters --- In the Flesh 1999 … Garden State Arts Centre

2. Ringo's All-Starr Band Mark-2 1990-ish … Waterloo Village Hackettstown NJ

3. Beach Boys, Allentown PA --early 80's … Last concert to feature them all including Brian and Dennis

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Top 5 in no particular order...

Pink Floyd (1987) Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour; Hartford, CT

Roger Waters (1987) Radio KAOS tour; Hartford, CT

Billy Joel (1986) Bridge Tour; New Haven. CT (during game 6 of the '86 Red Sox-Mets World series and Joel was giving updates between songs, it's how I heard about the Bucker ground ball the first time)

Yes (1997) Open Your Eyes/30th Anniversary Tour; Hartford CT

King Crimson (Dec 1995) Thrak tour; New Haven CT (the night before the Beatles documentary debuted the new song Free as a Bird, and Adrien Beleu and Alan White had ties to the Plastic Ono Band and had received permission to do a cover of the song the night before it debuted to the rest of the world). They also did a cover of Bowie's Heroes at that show, since Fripp had recorded that album with Bowie.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I've seen many great ones, but you all will laugh, but I've seen Weird Al Yankovich twice and both were astounding concerts.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• toyman
          Just Another Collector
          • Sep 1, 2008

Garth Brook hands down.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Always wanted to go to a Momentary Lapse of Reason concert.

Closest to me was at the Philadelphia Spectrum

Wish I had gone

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I don't know about the best, but the worst concert I ever saw was Van Halen in 1984.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Zoo TV hands down, Public Enemy and Big Audio Dynamite opening!!
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Mar 29, 2020

Deep Purple 1984 Perfect Strangers tour
                    Black Sabbath 1998 with Pantera opening
                    Return to Forever 2011
                    A really cool show I saw was Metallica 1984, Ride the Lightning tour, in a bar before they hit it big time.

Comment

• justzeg18
                      Career Member
                      • May 5, 2003

I was lucky enough to see Bjork on a greatest hits tour in NY back in '03.
                      Legit one of the best live performances I've ever seen.
                      Here's a link to her performance of All is full of love from that night.

A close 2nd was being able to see Death (from the documentary A Band Called Death) do an insane set in a side ceremony room at the Detroit Masonic temple (it was part of my all time favorite yearly Halloween events Theatre Bizarre)

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                        Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
                        i saw Tom Petty too. great show

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

all great acts. I saw Metallica in the early nineties. they put on a good show, though i really was not a fan of their music in general(only went because my girlfriend wanted to)
                          i saw Yes many times, and in different incarnations. the best was the Union tour where they played on a rotating stage so there were no bad seats since the stage was constantly turning
                          saw Billy Joel on the Storm front tour, i was seriously underwhelmed. Maybe he had an off night, or maybe I did

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 3, 2010

Most of my top concerts have been at MSG, my favorite building in the world.
                            Paul McCartney in 89 is right up there. Also KISS in 96, so loud and awesome!

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            i have been to many, many concerts in my life(have the hearing loss to prove it, lol) what is your favorite show you have been too?

for me, the best show i ever saw was McCartney in '89 at Madison Square Garden. it was his first tour in like 12-13 years. he was in top form. Really great show.

2nd best was Pink Floyd at Giants Stadium, same year. Momentary lapse of Reason tour. Just an amazing show. if you have never been able to see Floyd live you really missed out

ironically, of all the major acts i was able to see live, i never did get to see the Stones. they always seemed to come around when someone I liked much more was also going on sale and i couldn't afford both.

I even got to see Grand Funk once, in a bar. Though it was really only Mark Farner from the original line up. still a great show.
                            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

The Who performing Tommy in a 1989 revival with Billy Idol, Elton John, and Patti LaBelle. Although, my very first concert seeing Cheap Trick was also memorable.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎