Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Other Worlds
    • Feb 8, 2009

Topps / mego shipping

From the threads I have read concerning the cost involved in shipping the Topps / Mego figures I'm not sure that members are aware of the shipping method.

The figures are NOT being shipped via USPS. They are being shipped via FEDEX.

When the figures are ready to ship you will receive an email with a tracking number.

This is why the cost of the figures shipping to both the United States and Canada are what they are.

Topps reasoning is that FEDEX is a safer and more reliable method of shipping.

I'm sure that we are all aware of the problems the USPS is having these days.

This information was relayed to me directly by Topps. I consider the source as very reliable.

I hope that this information puts an end to this discussion.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Other Worlds
    I hope that this information puts an end to this discussion.
    I see you are new here. Welcome to the Museum!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
      I see you are new here. Welcome to the Museum!
      well, actually he has been a member since 2009. just doesn't have a lot of posts.

this will not end the discussion though, as people don't read the fine print. Every day on the facebook groups there are people asking when they will be shipping

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

As I mentioned in another thread I shipped a .5 lb envelope to Canada and it was $30 shipping for the most economic option.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
          As I mentioned in another thread I shipped a .5 lb envelope to Canada and it was $30 shipping for the most economic option.
          Yeah. I think any reasonable person would find that amount a bit high.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for that info, Other Worlds!

"FEDEX is a safer and more reliable method of shipping."... Mmph!

Despite the USPS trying to destroy my Bleit1701 Kid Flash suit this weekend, they and UPS are FAR more reliable than stupid FedEx... for me. Even with clearly written delivery instructions, FedEx delivery people choose to leave packages on my front steps instead of my enclosed porch, rain or shine (or snow, in my case). Or when I get the "Package Was Delivered" a day earlier than it was ACTUALLY delivered.. that's fun too!

Okay, sorry for my FedEx rant.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

USPS are the most reliable, efficient and affordable option. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.

I get why the other options exist, they're fine for what they are, and USPS is not without fault, certainly we've seen people try to destroy it, but a big part of the reason USPS is the target of constant attacks is they're just that much better than everyone else.

Don't reply with your anecdotes about how your local mailman sucks, it happens, not saying it doesn't. But the reality is outside of Japan's EMS service, no one compares to the USPS. The pure amount of packages and mail that USPS moves at a speedy, efficient pace with most packages in short time and great care is unparalleled.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

The reality is Topps shipping price will prevent me from ordering ANYTHING from them. I’m too old to lose sleep over missed toys. If Frank doesn’t carry them, I’ll ignore them. It is what it is.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

News about the using FedEx is unfortunate. I have ordered only four figures in total so far, but I always have my items shipped to my post office because on too many occasions I have had items disappear after being left on my front deck. I used the PO Box not realizing they use FedEx and now I will have to contact FedEx when the time comes and give them an alternate mailing address. This happened to me once before and it was a pain because I can't just call them up any time and give them the new address. I have to wait until there is a "failed delivery attempt" because FedEx won't deliver it to my local post office.
                  "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎