Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my post and comment. I take comfort in knowing I'm not alone in these feelings and appreciate the sound advice provided.

I had a great weekend. Took my boys to see Halloween Kills (which was amazing), then snuggled with my daughter watching Flintstones meet Rockula & Frankenstone. Today I invited my parents over for a visit. I also booked this Friday off as a personal day and plan to do absolutely nothing. I let my wife know how I'm feeling and she wasn't surprised. Just writing this down and sharing this with you all made me feel better.

I'm new to these feelings but my eyes are wide open and i'm very conscious of what's happening so I will act as needed. Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement and advice. You guys are cool.

BB
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

The fact that you could identify that something wasn't right, open up about it, and take some actions to move forward says a lot about your disposition, IMHO. It's pretty healthy to take that kind of ownership and it is good that you were able to do so.

We are living in some weird times and I think everyone is feeling a little fragile or at least noticing that some things are just harder than they used to be. That "road" that we were always able to assume was under our feet may not be there and it makes us acutely aware of things we were able to take for granted for a very long time. That takes some getting used to. On top of that, we really seem to have the law of diminished returns in full effect, too. At any rate, it's probably good to be a little kinder and show some real compassion....not only to others, but to ourselves, as well.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

To Pat, thank you for the message. Tried responding but your mailbox is full.
        I appreciate your words.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          To Pat, thank you for the message. Tried responding but your mailbox is full.
          I appreciate your words.
          You're very welcome.

And thanks for the heads-up -- I'm awful at tending message inboxes. It's all cleaned up now, if you have anything to send. I still want to know about the books.
          Last edited by knight errant00; Oct 19, '21, 2:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎