X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this Week- October 15 2021

Diana from V PVC bootleg figure (eBay Link) These are Spanish figures as I recall and the closest thing we ever got to real V figures. As any reader of this blog knows I have a real Jane Badler thing, even in the weird PVC form and I hovered over this for a long, long […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this Week- October 15 2021 appeared first on PS.

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I had never even heard of "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell"... but it is up on Youtube, so I had to give it a listen. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

that Diana is so cool, i would have killed for it as a kid. but damn it's pricey now
      i don't remember that SW record at all, thanks for the info it is on youtube Sprytel, i will give it a listen

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I can honestly say I never saw ANY of this stuff before...well, except maybe the rubber bugs, but not in that packaging! I'm trying to identify who may have drawn that Conan. Possibly the go-to John Buscema. The face and hair doesn't quite look like him, but those knees and lower legs look pure Big John. Maybe the inker had a strong influence on the head.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Never heard of the Rebel Mission to Ord Mandell I thought there was only Droid world and Planet of the hojibs, and a Ewoks one I didn't have. It's interesting how each film was condensed to a 12-13min record. I remember seeing the Jedi 45's discounted to $.10 at Big Lots in the late 80's.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 12, 2016

That spider in the package looks a lot like the same one from gi joe Skydive to Danger....
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

I also had "Rebel Mission To Ord Mantell" as a kid, but I don't know what happened to it.
              I do check Ebay occasionally hoping to find a reasonably priced replacement copy.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                I also had "Rebel Mission To Ord Mantell" as a kid, but I don't know what happened to it.
                I do check Ebay occasionally hoping to find a reasonably priced replacement copy.
                I'm still finding new power records I didn't know existed like this, where the actor who does Eastern European accents in this story sounds like a Canadian farmer.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

written by Brian Daley too. didn't he write the Han Solo trilogy of books back then?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                    I'm still finding new power records I didn't know existed like this, where the actor who does Eastern European accents in this story sounds like a Canadian farmer.
                    I never had any of the Star Trek releases from Power Records... but I had quite a few of the Marvel and DC ones, plus one or two POTA and The Six Million Dollar Man discs.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    written by Brian Daley too. didn't he write the Han Solo trilogy of books back then?
                    Yes, and he also wrote the NPR Star Wars radio drama adaptations.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• tay666
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 27, 2008

That Conan was amazing. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for one of those.
                      That would look great on my walls.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎