Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14" Shazam - Any Insight To The Delay?

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    A factory and some workers.
    And the EPA to allow a major change of laws on what type of plastics can be produced in the US.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    A factory and some workers.
    Won’t work, would cost to much plus health insurance costs, cheaper labor wages in China.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    And the EPA to allow a major change of laws on what type of plastics can be produced in the US.
    Pretty much and why it will never happen unless a eco friendly durable material is introduced to toy manufacture market. But petroleum is the driving force to continue to make products from plastics and that will never change in my generation and life time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleEd View Post
    Pretty much and why it will never happen unless a eco friendly durable material is introduced to toy manufacture market. But petroleum is the driving force to continue to make products from plastics and that will never change in my generation and life time.
    Well, that answers my question. I was wondering about the feasibility of producing the heads (and maybe the cloth goods) here as a way of facilitating size and quality control. Import the bodies and assemble here. I didn't really think it would be cost effective, but I had no idea there were laws against certain plastic production in the U.S.

Wonder how long it would take CG to hand carve 10,000 identical wooden heads?