• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Star Trek Discovery Season 4

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/505...new-federation

i know a lot of people hate it, but I like it. Not crazy about them redesigning aliens though. Though i never liked the Ferengi much anyway
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

watched the first episode. i like the new color coded uniforms, glad they ditched the drab grey uniforms. i like the show but it is definitely PC driven which may ultimately be it's downfall. we shall see

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Yeah, everyone here hates Discovery, that’s why no one’s posting here…

Let me take a wild guess how it all ends…Space Jesus Michael will save the entire universe all by herself once again.

The end.

P.S. Just messing with you. I’m glad you are enjoying it. But it’s an easy pass for me.

P.S.S. Why is the overweight redhead able to beat everyone at Marathons? Is she genetically-enhanced? Is she Khan’s daughter or something? Why does a crew member need a wheelchair for? You’re figure spinal-cord fractures would be super easy to fix or engineering some leg enhancers would be possible by then, it’s the friggin 24th Century for crying out loud, lol. And why does everyone keep mentioning and explaining their sexuality? It should just be the norm. Straight, gay, binary, transgender, it doesn’t matter, it should be no biggie. Again, it’s the 24th Century you’d think people would bypass all that by then. Yeah, I get it, done for today’s sensibilities, but it doesn’t make sense for that time period. Writers have to stop thinking 21st Century and move on to 24th Century. Oh, and why every straight while male turns out to be the bad guy? Ok, the exception being Captain Pike, lol.
      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Abomination of a perversion of Star Trek.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
          Yeah, everyone here hates Discovery, that’s why no one’s posting here…

Let me take a wild guess how it all ends…Space Jesus Michael will save the entire universe all by herself once again.

The end.

P.S. Just messing with you. I’m glad you are enjoying it. But it’s an easy pass for me.

P.S.S. Why is the overweight redhead able to beat everyone at Marathons? Is she genetically-enhanced? Is she Khan’s daughter or something? Why does a crew member need a wheelchair for? You’re figure spinal-cord fractures would be super easy to fix or engineering some leg enhancers would be possible by then, it’s the friggin 24th Century for crying out loud, lol. And why does everyone keep mentioning and explaining their sexuality? It should just be the norm. Straight, gay, binary, transgender, it doesn’t matter, it should be no biggie. Again, it’s the 24th Century you’d think people would bypass all that by then. Yeah, I get it, done for today’s sensibilities, but it doesn’t make sense for that time period. Writers have to stop thinking 21st Century and move on to 24th Century. Oh, and why every straight while male turns out to be the bad guy? Ok, the exception being Captain Pike, lol.
          all very valid points,. like it said it is PC driven. i try and ignore all that crap on this one, because it's Star Trek. it is hard sometimes though. most shows are doing this PC crap now.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Inclusion is something Star Trek has been about since day 1. It's amazing how offended people get by it. Is this show my cup of tea? No, but I can't believe the fans who want it cancelled because they're clutching their pearls.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Inclusion is something Star Trek has been about since day 1. It's amazing how offended people get by it. Is this show my cup of tea? No, but I can't believe the fans who want it cancelled because they're clutching their pearls.
              This is how I feel about it. They have female characters and LGBT characters but they don't shove the agenda down anyone's throat IMO. For example, Hugh and Staments just happen to be a gay couple but they treat them as if they were a straight couple. They don't go over and over about them being gay.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

it's primarily a female driven show. most of the characters are women, and really only one main male character who is straight. but that doesn't bother me as long as the stories are engaging and the characters are well written, which in my opinion, for the most part, they are

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

It took only 5 minutes of watching S4 to remind me how stupid this show is.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                    It took only 5 minutes of watching S4 to remind me how stupid this show is.
                    wow, tough crowd.

well, it's still a free country, if it's not your cup of tea you don't have to watch

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I think the show is utter trash. But if you like it, well.... that's good I guess.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I don't think any Star Trek fan has a problem with "diversity"...as stated before, it's always been a part of Star Trek since the beginning. But they do have a problem with a show calling itself Star Trek, just to piggyback on the Star trek IP, because the writers are such talentless HACKS...that they know that they could NEVER create their own Si-Fi series without the benefit of a recognizable BRAND name. End of rant...sorry.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Was never a fan of anything Star Trek after the movie First Contact

Not counting Vic Mignogna's unofficial Classic Star Trek episodes which were GREAT !!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Star Trek continues was fantastic. Paramount should just accept it as cannon. it was better than any of the other series that were produced by them

i still enjoy Discovery for what it is though. they even referenced the Metrons and the Q continuum in the latest episode

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎