Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garlic Ribs, Rice and Corn: Let's get it on!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Garlic Ribs, Rice and Corn: Let's get it on!

When it comes to Ribs, I like to do as Perry sang in Journey's Evolution Album: "Try and keep it simple"

On the Grill just to get some nice color.

Then wrap 'em up in foil and stick them in the oven at °300 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

The Rice:

1 of each: Cup of Rice
    Can of French Onion Soup
    Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (no reduced fat or low sodium nonsense; get the real deal)
    Stick of Salted Butter

Cube up the Butter and mix everything in a covered oven-proof dish and stick it in the oven at °350. Cooks for 1 ½ hours, stirring every 30 minutes (make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the pot). This is so good, you’ll want to touch yourself inappropriately, regardless of who’s at the Dinner Table.

Corn is corn.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yumm. I'm making that rice tomorrow, I have everything in the pantry for it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Yumm. I'm making that rice tomorrow, I have everything in the pantry for it.
      PNGwynne, my diabolical friend, let me know how you liked it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I will. Contemplating add-ins, have you tried any?

Sometimes when I do ribs, I do a rub and bake first, then grill. I like the garlic method you suggest.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I will. Contemplating add-ins, have you tried any?

Sometimes when I do ribs, I do a rub and bake first, then grill. I like the garlic method you suggest.
          Not to the Rice. Try the Garlic Method with the Ribs. Perry never disappoints.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Well, the rice was delicious! I only have unsalted butter, so I added a dash of seasoned salt but truthfully the canned soup is already salty.

I was sorely tempted to add in some leftover chopped rotisserie chicken and frozen peas, but next time...

Thank you for the recipe.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Excellent!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎