X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
    What has always appealed to me about Superman, is how powerful he is, yet he is so humble.
    The 1978 film really gets this point across. He is here not to save us, but to save us from ourselves by serving as an example of what we can be.
    Very well said.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

He can do everything talked about because he is in fact, an alien from another planted, with powers and ability far beyond mortal men.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

When people say he's too powerful and unrelatable I think they are missing the mark. Superman is there to help and inspire. Superman makes everyone want to be a better them. Lex being the opposite an egotist who wants to be more than human and you can see how evil he is to want to compete with and destroy the symbol of Hope for all humanity.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Go watch Superman The Movie. In particular, the interview scene between him and Lois. That's all you need to understand Superman. I wish modern comic and movie creators would do the same.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            ...because of the damage to batman from the 66 show, batman almost got canceled in the 70s)
            EDIT: Never mind. That wasn't entirely true, what I wrote. But the 1966 Batman show made Batman #1 in comic sales over Superman for a minute.

Anyhow, I was never the biggest Superman fan. I brought the comics, had some of the toys, and really enjoyed the on-screen versions, from Reeves to Reeve. But it was John Byrne's stripped down version that made me like the character. I think that was the best version of Superman since the original version. Too bad it didn't last.
            Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 12, '21, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

I was about to post exactly this when I saw Chris's quote. Well said, sir.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Go watch Superman The Movie. In particular, the interview scene between him and Lois. That's all you need to understand Superman. I wish modern comic and movie creators would do the same.
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎