• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riderfan
    Megos are cool
    • Feb 14, 2012

A few simple POTA 'customs'

Hi all

As per the title nothing too complicated here. Mix of vintage & new with DM & CTVT pieces, and an Yvonne, just for fun

apes2.jpg

Burke, 'blue' soldier ape, 'weaponized' Ursus, Taylor, Nova, General Aldo & Verdon

The blue tunic is actually several years old, but I guess storing it in my cool dry basement has postponed it from disintegrating lol

Actually other than Ursus they're all a few years old but the Topps Taylor & upcoming Soldier Ape reminded me that I had made these

Anyhow thanks for looking

K
    Last edited by Riderfan; Oct 5, '21, 11:08 PM.
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Cool stuff for sure...

Regarding Virdon and Burke- May I suggest switching their pants? Remember, on the TV series, Burke had tannish pants, while Virdon had grey.

About Taylor: Is that head from Doctor Mego? It looks like the one I 'think' he may have labelled as "Wild Man" or something like that on his website... If that head is from Doc, it's good to see one painted up, because I've never been able to tell how good the sculpt is until now., and now I want to buy one...

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Definitely some sweet looking POTA customs and I too really like how the Taylor head came out, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by apes3978
        Cool stuff for sure...

Regarding Virdon and Burke- May I suggest switching their pants? Remember, on the TV series, Burke had tannish pants, while Virdon had grey.

About Taylor: Is that head from Doctor Mego? It looks like the one I 'think' he may have labelled as "Wild Man" or something like that on his website... If that head is from Doc, it's good to see one painted up, because I've never been able to tell how good the sculpt is until now., and now I want to buy one...
        Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated

Yeah Burke & Virdon aren't really screen accurate. I recall debating what to do & ultimately decided to get their shirts & vests more or less 'correct', and then go with contrast on the pants for visual appeal-i.e. brown vest/tan pants & tan vest/brown pants. Now kinda wishing I had another pair of tan pants that I could try to dye grey, but then again dying stuff sure sounds messy lol

Yes Taylor is sporting Doc's Wildman head. When I first saw it & read his description I immediately thought 'Taylor' but IIRC I had an email conversation with Paul & its supposed to be an Obi Wan head. Don't quote me on that though.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Riderfan
          Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated

Yeah Burke & Virdon aren't really screen accurate. I recall debating what to do & ultimately decided to get their shirts & vests more or less 'correct', and then go with contrast on the pants for visual appeal-i.e. brown vest/tan pants & tan vest/brown pants. Now kinda wishing I had another pair of tan pants that I could try to dye grey, but then again dying stuff sure sounds messy lol

Yes Taylor is sporting Doc's Wildman head. When I first saw it & read his description I immediately thought 'Taylor' but IIRC I had an email conversation with Paul & its supposed to be an Obi Wan head. Don't quote me on that though.
          The “Obi Wan” head is an entirely different head called Bearded Adventurer.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            The “Obi Wan” head is an entirely different head called Bearded Adventurer.
            Yes that head is old Obi Wan for sure

Perhaps (probably?) I'm misremembering an email exchange from a few years ago, or Paul & I were discussing two different things, but my recollection is that the 'wildman' head is intended as a younger Obi Wan. I don't see it, I see Taylor.

Not that it matters. Plus my memory ain't what it used to be

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, and did similar black/purple Aldo (Ursus) and Urko in blue/brown--because of his blue helmet accent.

So far, my CTVT tunics have held up, too.

I also did another Astronaut using a Little John head and AJ pilot suit and helmet with polar boots and astro belt.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Riderfan
                Yes that head is old Obi Wan for sure

Perhaps (probably?) I'm misremembering an email exchange from a few years ago, or Paul & I were discussing two different things, but my recollection is that the 'wildman' head is intended as a younger Obi Wan. I don't see it, I see Taylor.

Not that it matters. Plus my memory ain't what it used to be
                No, I sculpted both of them. It’s Heston.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Riderfan
                  Megos are cool
                  • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  No, I sculpted both of them. It’s Heston.
                  Well yeah I know-doesn't look anything like Ewan McGregor

Nice work BTW

Comment

• battmasterson
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 22, 2010

Nice customs. They look great. Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎