X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
    I don't mind that his hands aren't black: I get what you're saying with wanting them to look like gloved hands, but the cuffs are a call back to the original cuffed Generals, so that's alright with me...
    A friend of mine gave me General Ursus as a Christmas present. I was disappointed that he didn't come with a weapon and that his hands weren't molded to look like gloves but at least they're black so they look like gloves.

Today I picked up the 2 soldier apes and was surprised that the hands were brown and not painted black to look like gloves.
    Scott

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Action Martin
      A friend of mine gave me General Ursus as a Christmas present. I was disappointed that he didn't come with a weapon and that his hands weren't molded to look like gloves but at least they're black so they look like gloves.

Today I picked up the 2 soldier apes and was surprised that the hands were brown and not painted black to look like gloves.
      Regarding the Ursus hand thing: I think you could probably find a beater CHiPs figures and swap out the Ursus hands with the gloved CHiPs hands to get more of the effect of what you're looking for.

I don't mind that the Soldier Ape's hands are brown: It just reminds me of the way the hands were brown on the original (non-helmet head) Ursus figure.

And yes, the new version of Ursus should have been armed, but I guess they didn't want to invest in making a pistol or sub-machine gun for him. Still, I'm glad we got him anyway, so no real complaints.

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
        Regarding the Ursus hand thing: I think you could probably find a beater CHiPs figures and swap out the Ursus hands with the gloved CHiPs hands to get more of the effect of what you're looking for.
        Back when I was customizing, that was my plan for all of the military gorillas. Never got around to it though.
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎