Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What vintage style/scale is your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

A couple more formats I forgot
    Bullmark vinyl https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...35533b49be.jpg

The knockoff blow mold style
    20200824_152849.jpg

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

I only collect these formats:

- 1:6 (or 12” scale)
      - 1:12 (Marvel Legends)
      - I also have great affection for DC Direct’s 13” line, and have customized a bunch in that scale, but already own them all (with multiples)

I lost the 8” Mego bug a few years ago. And if I’m being honest, even as a kid, I liked Mego only because it was the only way to collect my beloved superheroes in action figure form. Even at the age of 10, the inaccuracies in costume details (no gloves or white sleeves for Cap), the dopey sculpts (Batman, Captain America), and the cheap quality (paper stickers for logos, easily frayed capes, oven mitt gloves) drove me nuts.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

3.75". There are just too many great figures in that scale to make it a fair fight. Star Wars, GI Joe:RAH, Adventure People, Buck Rogers, Robotech, Micronauts, Indiana Jones, Metal Men... the list goes on and on. Plus they are small enough where vehicles and playsets are practical.

12" would be my runner up. I absolutely adore the vintage GI Joe. They were my first toy obsession. But they take up a lot of space and there aren't any other 1:6 scale figures I feel strongly about, so I can't justify putting them at the top of the list.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
          1/6th scale, of course.
          Same here.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I collect several different scales of action figures from 3.75 up to 9 inch ( Playmates Trek ). Growing up my favorite scale was always 8 inch Mego and still is today. Though I had many 12 / 13 inch figures growing up I never cared for them as much as the 8 inch. As a collector today still don't care for larger size figures.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Kenner 3 3/4.

Along with other 3 3/4.

Then it goes to Dungeons And Dragons, which were similar scale, but a lot thicker in the wide scale, maybe going a little beyond realism.

Nothing quite like 'realistic detail' of 3 3/4 inch scale vehicles, though.

Next, now thinking on it, the Thundercat scale was pretty enjoyable.

They also were wide and big, so not sure if it goes only by how tall they were.

I find a purpose for just about any scale, however, and the only thing that seem to large, are those Jumbo remakes, probably won't get those. Saw at least one at a comic con, they just seem too big for even decoration, it really loses something being that big. Maybe the big Trash Compactor Monster would be fine, though.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎