X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
    I'll watch it... not in the theatres though. However, why did they start with Rocky 4? Do it with each one, and start with Rocky. Build the interest.
    I mean... why re-edit the first one? Rocky 4 has silly bits in it which is why Sly wanted to re-edit it.
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
      I'll watch it... not in the theatres though. However, why did they start with Rocky 4? Do it with each one, and start with Rocky. Build the interest.
      As was already mentioned, why do a director's cut of Rocky 1? It's one of the few movies I consider to be a "perfect" movie (along with Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future.) Literally any change would be for the worse.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        I think you’re going to be disappointed. If I remember right, he said recently the robot wasn’t his idea and that he was cutting all the scenes it was in.
        Interesting. That wasn't the case back then. Stallone was huge on the robot back when they were doing the movie and he supposedly filmed a bunch of scenes with Paulie basically making it his bride. Perhaps he's been razzed too much about it over the years and now claims it wasn't his idea. But it's been well documented that it was Stallone behind the robot and everybody on set was kinda like "uh, what?" and they cut a bunch of stuff out featuring it.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          Interesting. That wasn't the case back then. Stallone was huge on the robot back when they were doing the movie and he supposedly filmed a bunch of scenes with Paulie basically making it his bride. Perhaps he's been razzed too much about it over the years and now claims it wasn't his idea. But it's been well documented that it was Stallone behind the robot and everybody on set was kinda like "uh, what?" and they cut a bunch of stuff out featuring it.
          I love Sly, but he has a very selective memory when it comes to his career.

I honestly don’t know why he’d want to cut the robot out anyway. I thought it was a pretty iconic part of Rocky IV.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

The robot is like a time capsule.

And, it was totally logical, that someone would buy one for fun back then.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

I hope the director’s cut ends up being 90% robot and 10% Rocky vs. Drago.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

That would be pretty hilarious. I'd watch!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎