X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Buttermilk --- YES --- NO

As a kid I thought Buttermilk was disgusting --- basically thick sour milk that should be in the dumpster

As an adult I began to get a taste for it --- like when you used to HATE skunk smell but later you thought, this aint half bad... Gosh, i'm a sick puppy liking skunk smell (in moderation)

I could make other references closer TO HOME, but you get the idea

Just wondering if anyone here likes Buttermilk

PS... if you don't, I don't blame you
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

My family grew up drinking buttermilk and still enjoys a glass from time to time. I myself never could get the taste down but for some reason love to drink eggnog.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I like buttermilk when used to bake/make things like biscuits or pancakes, but not to consume on its own. It's high fat content makes it good for leavening and flavoring things, but not to just drink it. It's borderline disgusting straight.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I like use it for fried chicken. But to drink it straight up? Nope, yuck.
        sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

I've never tried butter milk in my life, though I've been tempted to buy a small container of it just to see if it's as gross as I'd expect it to be.

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Just for starters its really good for U etc, Plenty of it here in Poland, plain/ flavoured as well, strawberry etc, more of a summer thing, simple dish to have it with, new born potatoes, with bacon bits, with a fried egg on top, and a glass of this stuff on the side. This is a must try also for the summer, Polands version of a cold soup:

Chlodnik -- Quick and easy to prepare, this classic Polish recipe, a cold beet soup is just the thing for a hot summer day. Give it a try!!!

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

Just for starters its really good for U etc, Plenty of it here in Poland, plain/ flavoured as well, strawberry etc, more of a summer thing, simple dish to have it with, boiled new born potatoes, with fried bacon bits, with a fried egg on top, seasoning/dill and a glass of this stuff on the side. This is a must try also for the summer, Polands version of a cold soup with buttermilk:

Chlodnik -- Quick and easy to prepare, this classic Polish recipe, a cold beet soup is just the thing for a hot summer day. Give it a try!!!
              Last edited by alex; Oct 3, '21, 1:35 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

People drink buttermilk? How gross!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I do like more pungent things like blue cheese (but not Limburger!) as I age, and I would be willing to taste buttermilk. But I can't imagine downing a glass of it.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by alex
                    Just for starters its really good for U etc, Plenty of it here in Poland, plain/ flavoured as well, strawberry etc, more of a summer thing, simple dish to have it with, boiled new born potatoes, with fried bacon bits, with a fried egg on top, seasoning/dill and a glass of this stuff on the side. This is a must try also for the summer, Polands version of a cold soup with buttermilk:

https://polishhousewife.com/chlodnik...ish-beet-soup/
                    What do you think of Zurek soup/broth ?

Never had it before and a girl at the local Polish deli recommended it.

She was cute so I thought --- what the heck

Gave it a try … first taste was eewww, this stuff has gone bad

After a bit I STRANGELY started to like it

Krakus makes a great broth that's readily available in the USA

Search your local Polish Delis

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      People drink buttermilk? How gross!
                      Yea, but the weird kinda gross that's strangely compelling

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

I like Buttermilk Pie.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^Dang, I was hoping/assuming there would be a delicious pic with that post.

Alex, thanks for the links. Looking around online, its seems buttermilk has a lot of benefits.

Has anyone tried making it?
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 3, '21, 10:48 AM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

Mikey, its actually quite easy to make, U can basically buy the sour soup mix in a bottle, some are better than others, but from there U just add the sausage etc, actually quite simple. Do U have a polish shop in your parts? Yeah Krakus is great even just their beetroot soup in a carton is good, I normally on the cheat, just get some tortellini, stick a few in a cup, crush some garlic, pepper, fill it up with the beetroot , and whack it in the microwave

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Krakus Borscht is - food of the Gods

Have 4 Polish Deli's in a 10 mile driving distance

Note, Pennsylvania USA LOVES Polish People

Krakus Borscht, with some cheap ham

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎