X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Superman IV Fan-made VFX remaster.

I suppose this could be referred to as "polishing poop," but it's done so well, I think it has merit.
    The hands that grip.
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

The infamous ending scene, where an ordinary woman was shown breathing in space originally:
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

As a kid who got the Starlog Press magazine about the movie and expected to see Clive Mantle as "Nuclear Man I," I'd love to see some "poop polishing" of that footage at some point. I'm probably the only one, but in these days it's not impossible.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I wouldn't mind a remaster of Superman 4 with corrected effects and missing scenes. I think there's a good movie hidden there and I always thought Its heart was in the right place at the very least.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

The movie does have some memorable scenes.
          I always liked the final battle with Nuclear Man. Particularly the extended broadcast TV cut which I used to have on VHS.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

That subway sequence looks allot better. It would be interesting to see what could be done with that film in the right hands with modern technology. Completely reedited with modern effects could make an measurable difference. It would definitely make for a unique experience. I've always considered Superman IV a film that worked on the written page, but was poorly executed with a miniscule budget and a director lacking an eye for the correct treatment. It truly plays like a television adaptation for its time. Its a sad departure for the great Christopher Reeves.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I wouldn't mind a remaster of Superman 4 with corrected effects and missing scenes. I think there's a good movie hidden there and I always thought Its heart was in the right place at the very least.
              I agree. I think they were trying to take pieces from the first three (Superman flies Lois around Metropolis as in the first; Supes going bad from the scratch lined up with the evil version in the third; the super-powered battles with the Nuclear Men recalled the battle with the Phantom Zone escapees) to work as set pieces in it. I know the budget story and how it affected this. You're right about the film's heart being in the right place.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting and nicely-done. Honestly, I'd rather re-watch IV than III.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎