X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

FTC vans/buses

I recently bought the Daily Planet news van from CTVT. However it comes with zero instructions and I cannot even figure out how to attach the piece that has the steering wheel attached to it. Does anyone have any tips on how to construct this thing? Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm almost certain that should be glued in place at the factory. You may have to check the contact points and re-glue it with plastic model cement.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks, I will take another look at it. I didn’t even see where the contact points would have been. Also, I realize even though it’s supposed to be the Daily Planet Van it comes with other items I wouldn’t need (capture net, bat logo etc). However, there are a couple other pieces which I cannot identify. One looks like a door of some sort with two rectangular holes on it but I have no clue as to exactly what it is or where it goes.
      There is also a black piece that looks as though it can peg into to the hole inside the centre of the van, but, again, I don’t know what it is or even if that is where it goes.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

If it's like the other vans, there should be three loose accessories:

-Circular observation stand that plugs in to the hole in the floor behind the front seats. It has an "X" shape into which the figure's legs fit, so the figure can stand partially outside the roof hatch.
        -Chromed conical cage to place over a figure.
        -Support arm for the cage that plugs into the roof hole. The cage attaches to the opposite end.

The "door" that you mention sounds like the winch base which is usually glued behind the back door onto a platform.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

This is the piece I am referring to. Looks like it was originally glued on somewhere but I don’t know where it goes.

F920B08B-4805-4560-A796-CF9E85652EDB.jpg

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

Does anyone know for sure where this piece is supposed to go on my CTVT van? Thanks.

586BB36A-C47B-4417-96A0-0F13945524E4.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The picture is helpful: It's the bracket that goes on the back of the sliding side door.

I think the news van would be a good base for an Iron Van/Stark Industries Mobile Lab.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 3, '21, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

I think a red van with yellow roof would suit Stark Industries better but that's just me. I was hoping to see someone who was collecting their Scooby line buy a van and Mystery Machine it.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks for all your help. When I get home from work tonight I am going to inspect my van and see where exactly to put the bracket. I guess it's supposed to be glued in place but the glue FTC used is so dried up it, along with the dashboard, were floating around loosely in the box.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

It is a very brittle glue. I can see if I can get decent pics inside the van. I have 5 of the FTC Vans and I haven't had this issue.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 23, 2019

I also noticed my Daily Planet van came with many stickers, probably some I would never use and others I don't have room for. There was also no guide as to which stickers go where, so I matched what I could from the photo on the box. I also noticed a Daily Planet "playset" is now available online using one of those CTVT diorama boxes. I would love to get one as the icing on the cake for my Daily Planet set, but I have reached out to this particular site before and they refuse to ship to Canada.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                        I...I was hoping to see someone who was collecting their Scooby line buy a van and Mystery Machine it.

I really thought FTC would actually release one.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

I am guessing Mystery Machine just wasnt in the licensing agreement. Would have been cool if they had offered a 10 dollar set of stickers though right? Let the user decide if they wanted to use a green van or a blue van. And the capture cage it comes with looks like a Scooby trap already.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

Late but not forgotten
                            The photo of the door
                            20211006_032636.jpg

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 23, 2019

Thank you! I will definitely use this as a reference for repairing my van. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎