Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Elvira

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    Have any of you peeked yet?
    Doubt many will answer that honestly, but I'm gonna peek for sure, assuming my order ever arrives. Supposedly it will arrive today according to the tracking number, but in reality it is 8 states away and not gonna happen. I remember when FedEx used to be a fairly reliable shipping service. Now they're just as bad as USPS, or even worse sometimes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    Have any of you peeked yet?
    Is there some hidden meaning to this that I hadnt heard about?

Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    Is there some hidden meaning to this that I hadnt heard about?
    Elvira… cloth goods…

Images
    Well when I did my custom Elvira a couple years ago, I used the stick on moustaches from thebDollar store and cut a small "map of Tazmania" as a finishing touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    Well when I did my custom Elvira a couple years ago, I used the stick on moustaches from thebDollar store and cut a small "map of Tazmania" as a finishing touch.
    LOL. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    Doubt many will answer that honestly, but I'm gonna peek for sure, assuming my order ever arrives. Supposedly it will arrive today according to the tracking number, but in reality it is 8 states away and not gonna happen. I remember when FedEx used to be a fairly reliable shipping service. Now they're just as bad as USPS, or even worse sometimes.
    I ended up canceling my order with bbts and picked one up from the neca ebay store. The price was pretty close. At least the difference wasn't enough to make me balk.
    Wanted:

LJN Swat/Rookies v2 arms with the bicep swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKickass1983 View Post
    I ended up canceling my order with bbts and picked one up from the neca ebay store. The price was pretty close. At least the difference wasn't enough to make me balk.
    If I'd found the figure at retail before it shipped from BBTS, I would've cancelled as well.

As it is I'm just watching my package get batted around like a ping pong ball. It's actually quite hilarious. It departed from Minnesota for Georgia last week. 48 hours later it was in Indiana. So far so good. Next day Ohio. Okay. Don't see why it didn't cut through Kentucky, but okay, whatever. Next day, way over in Maryland. Why? Who knows. Last check in was Friday afternoon in West Virginia. No updates since. Was supposed to have been delivered Friday, then rescheduled for Saturday, now still scheduled for yesterday. Fun stuff.
    Last edited by Liu Bei; May 22, '22 at 2:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    If I'd found the figure at retail before it shipped from BBTS, I would've cancelled as well.

As it is I'm just watching my package get batted around like a ping pong ball. It's actually quite hilarious. It departed from Minnesota for Georgia last week. 48 hours later it was in Indiana. So far so good. Next day Ohio. Okay. Don't see why it doesn't cut through Kentucky, but okay, whatever. Next day, way over in Maryland. Why? Who knows. Last check in was Friday afternoon is West Virginia. No updates since. Was supposed to have been delivered Friday, then rescheduled for Saturday, now still scheduled for yesterday. Fun stuff.
    Fedex has been pretty wonky lately.
    Wanted:

LJN Swat/Rookies v2 arms with the bicep swivels.

Finally got Elvira today. Love the head sculpt and chest sculpt (though I wish it had been anatomically correct), but not a big fan of the rest of the figure. Nevertheless I think this is and will be the definitive Elvira figure for many years to come, and highly recommend it to all Mego/Elvira fans.

Images
    Considering Cassandra is in her 70s and we, her fanbase, are in our 50s, this is probably the last figure ...