X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Topps Mego archive

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Oct 1, '21, 2:59 PM.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i have not received a refund but at the moment i cannot even get the Topps site to open

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i finally got in, they show in the archive when i look. listed as sold out, no production number listed yet

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Strange. I even have a link to it in the original post and right now all I can see is ten figures. Very strange...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'm still only getting ten figures on the archive page.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I don't see it on the archive page either. But if I go to the individual product pages, I can see the print run numbers. It shows 1541 for Worf and 1290 for the Borg Queen. That number for the Borg Queen is the lowest we've seen yet. And frankly the Worf number isn't nearly as strong as I expected.

I still wouldn't jump to conclusions... however, it *is* interesting.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

if you go to archive on the top bar, and then filter by Mego, they show up there

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Sure enough.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Could you just imagine what the numbers would be if they released these in regular waves you could get either in a store or through Frank and Zolo??!!?? If the figures were actually closer to $20 ($15 + shipping each) instead of $30 + each when all was said and done (meaning the shipping included into the price) THIS is what the people that are defending the Topps deal just can't get through their skulls. But keep defending it...Makes all kinds of business sense doesn't it? What a joke. It kills business. It doesn't add more business when you make exclusives that are higher priced than what they normally sell for. It ain't rocket science. And on top of that you've destroyed your customer purchasing base because you ticked them off. For a mere 2105 units at it's highest pre-order number (Spock in Movie Uniform) That is the ultimate stupidity about this whole thing. "But...but...it's going to be a collectable" "It's gonna put my kids through college in the year 2100" The sad part is that the "passionate" fans that just want A FIGURE are the biggest losers in this whole story. My deepest sympathies go out to those collectors. And I truly mean that.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Mego should just close up shop, I guess.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 25, 2020

Well, it was a good run
                      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        Mego should just close up shop, I guess.
                        With those pre-order numbers it will implode on its own. Dude, that isn't even a quarter of the run that Playmates were doing on the WEAKEST Trek characters back in the day. That's just sad and again, beating a dead horse, you've ticked off your customer buying base. You think they are coming back after seeing those numbers??!!?? If anything that would have enraged me even more if I collected Trek or POTA. And from the looks of it that is basically what you are going to get from the Topps exclusives. They already are asking what other POTA figures people want to see made. I think the big shocker was that Zira had high pre-order numbers and essentially the same exact figure they did in the 70's. I can get an ORIGINAL Zira on ebay, or at least piece one together, for less than Topps / Mego is selling them for. I hope Mego stops with this stupidity of exclusives...but it seems that ship has sailed. It's gonna kill the line. What they should be looking at is something that truly is new and hasn't been done before. Maybe go to one of the you tube pages and see what comics are being turned into TV series or movies...but they can't even be bothered to do that. Just saw the Elvira Entertainment Earth NECA figure that is 8 inch and it is incredible. I would pre-order that figure. The 1 / 12 figures have a freakin' Judge Dredd and I think he comes with a motorcycle...I would order that figure if I had the extra spending cash. Something, ANYTHING, outside of the norm / same old same old.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                          With those pre-order numbers it will implode on its own. Dude, that isn't even a quarter of the run that Playmates were doing on the WEAKEST Trek characters back in the day. That's just sad and again, beating a dead horse, you've ticked off your customer buying base. You think they are coming back after seeing those numbers??!!?? If anything that would have enraged me even more if I collected Trek or POTA. And from the looks of it that is basically what you are going to get from the Topps exclusives. They already are asking what other POTA figures people want to see made. I think the big shocker was that Zira had high pre-order numbers and essentially the same exact figure they did in the 70's. I can get an ORIGINAL Zira on ebay, or at least piece one together, for less than Topps / Mego is selling them for. I hope Mego stops with this stupidity of exclusives...but it seems that ship has sailed. It's gonna kill the line. What they should be looking at is something that truly is new and hasn't been done before. Maybe go to one of the you tube pages and see what comics are being turned into TV series or movies...but they can't even be bothered to do that. Just saw the Elvira Entertainment Earth NECA figure that is 8 inch and it is incredible. I would pre-order that figure. The 1 / 12 figures have a freakin' Judge Dredd and I think he comes with a motorcycle...I would order that figure if I had the extra spending cash. Something, ANYTHING, outside of the norm / same old same old.
                          Do you even collect the new Mego figures?

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 15, 2010

Are those numbers enough to justify going into production?

My feeling is that Topps/Mego is a bad fit, with two entirely different demos. Add in the prices and production lead time, and it puts off collectors even more. Perhaps if Mego had partnered with Entertainment Earth or similar, orders would look better. Or maybe the market is oversaturated with collectibles, and this is as good as it gets. I’ve taken flak for being critical of this whole operation, but would genuinely like to hear thoughts on this.
                            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Do you even collect the new Mego figures?
                              I've said in the other threads that I haven't seen anything past the Gene and Paul Kiss lines in the stores and that I was lucky enough to order the one wave through Chad and also lucky enough to get a few figures here and there from friends / extended family here on the museum of the figures I wanted. Finally got a Headless Horseman and the John Farley Mummy figure from a Mego Museum oldtimer (Thanks Pat ) They NEVER hit the shelves in Megos own backyard (Long Island) which makes it even more pathetic on Megos part. Would you like me to take pictures of the "New" Megos I have Lonnie?? Would that be proof enough for you?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎