• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

The Dark Knight Returns

And Batman is 8 inch

Right Id never heard of this company, but called Beast Kingdom, and their figures seem to be 8 inch.

Superman:

Last edited by alex; Sep 30, '21, 9:04 AM.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Those look pretty good, but DK Batman should be a bit thicker IMO.
    Doubt I’ll get them, but it’s always nice to see new entries in the cloth costumed superhero category.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Batman's body isn't "monstrous enough" for DKR. Or, for the face sculpt they went with. If they had went with the way Batman looked early on in the series, before Miller's art really took a turn into more avant garde depcitions, I think that would have worked.

But overall, these look nice. Like an upscaled Mezco One:12 offering. Not quite to Mezco's level of detail or realism though, I don't think.

Man, DC is giving the license out to everyone, aren't they? There's no way anyone can keep up with their output, even if you pick a scale.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2

Man, DC is giving the license out to everyone, aren't they? There's no way anyone can keep up with their output, even if you pick a scale.

Chris
        Yeah I agree the McFarlane figures don't seem like official standard even though they are ones in stores and shops. Maybe it's the character selection and too many batman and superman versions. But I don't view them like Marvel Legends or DCU classics

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^McFarlane seems to be filling the niche DC Direct/Collectibles left behind, mixing some classic designs with mostly new looks relevant to recent storylines. And I REALLY can't stand the designs of any of those Metal-related comics. I know, I'm an old fuddy dud. But it actually doesn't bother me. The DCUC figures are pretty sweet for classic DC 6" figures.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Z-man 307
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 15, 2010

I never heard of them before, but seem to have quite a few offerings:

The D.A.H. series is Beast Kingdom’s first foray into the realistic, highly posable action figure market. These aren’t the typical action figures from yesteryear. With a focus on detail, durability and realism collectors from all age groups (teens and up) can enjoy the 8-inch range, whether they are posed on their included stand or played with. The wide assortment of included accessories completes the sets, which are based on some of the world’s most legendary superheroes and characters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I'd have to check for sure but I believe Batman was already in the grey and black suit by the time Carrie Kelly showed up. He wrecked his yellow oval suit in issue one fighting Two-Faces goons
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ToyTalk
                Career Member
                • Mar 25, 2020

Wow! Love the Quality. Thanks for pointing those out
                Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• ToyTalk
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 25, 2020

I picked up on this company about 3 or 4 months ago I think. I'm not really good with timeframes so it may have been longer. I purchased the Dark Knight Batman and the Heath Ledger Joker. These things are as cool as they look in the pictures. Honestly, probably a little better. The quality is obscene!!
                  Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Somewhere between Mego Style and molded on clothing style. They look good but ...that's like Millionaire level expense for a collection lol.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Toy Talk,

Are they Mego size or just a bit taller? Look very cool and I’d probably consider getting at least a Heath Ledger Joker.

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

This has my attention.
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Goblin19
                          Toy Talk,

Are they Mego size or just a bit taller? Look very cool and I’d probably consider getting at least a Heath Ledger Joker.
                          They say 8 inches and 1/9 scale. Heath would be a fun one to get, agreed.

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

They do, but also seem to measure 20.5 cm. Which is a bit over 8 inches. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but I just want them to be close enough.

And my wife might leave me for that Jason Momoa figure.
                            Last edited by Goblin19; Sep 30, '21, 9:57 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ToyTalk
                              I picked up on this company about 3 or 4 months ago I think. I'm not really good with timeframes so it may have been longer. I purchased the Dark Knight Batman and the Heath Ledger Joker. These things are as cool as they look in the pictures. Honestly, probably a little better. The quality is obscene!!
                              I'd love to see a pic of them next to a Mego.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎