I've just installed a new user gallery. The old one is still available (http://www.megomuseum.com/gallery) but will soon we locked. Images will still be viewable, but you won't be able to upload any new ones.
The new gallery completely integrates with the new forums. No longer do you have to maintain a separate login. (This also eliminates the problem of non-members taking up valuable space in the gallery!)
There are now some much-needed limits to the gallery -
There are probably other new points I should cover, but that's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, just ask!
- Registered users are limited to 1MB of space; once a user reaches 500 posts, they get 5MB of space. Hopefully, by limiting the space, this should encourage users to delete no longer needed images. Limits may be revised, changed, lowered or raised at my discretion.
- There are now public galleries that anyone can upload to, as well as private galleries. You may create one private gallery (it will be your user name) and up to nine sub-categories beneath your main category. (Again, this may be changed at our discretion.)
- You can set your private galleries to be viewable by other members or truly private. You can also "close" images so that, until you decide to change it, no one else can see them.
- You can now comment on and rate pictures. (If this gets abused, away it goes!)
- The new gallery gives clear, easy-to-use links for both inserting images into your forum posts and for linking to them from eBay or other places.
- All of the member categories are separated alphabetically - no more scrolling for hours to find that specific image you want to see!
- Images are now searchable. At your discretion, you can even add keywords when you upload images to make them easier to fine for others.
- Slideshow. Want to see all the images in a specific category in slideshow format? Now you can!
- You can now subscribe to images. If an image changes, you'll know.