X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I've been on a Supergirl kick

When I stopped collecting comics, the Supergirl Adventure comics run was the only silver/bronze age Superman title I didn't have any issues off, so I broke down and bought this lot last week. I'm really enjoying the Mike Sekowsky drawn issues, Bob Okner run doesn't bring me the same joy. After seeing the comic covers for years, they kinda all blended together but you really need to dig in to find what you like.

Luckily I only need a few more previous issues to get and probably won't pursuit 410-421 and Supergirl solo series.
    Screenshot_20210929-105516_eBay.jpg
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

That's a nice collection. The 1st solo series was a fun read and really gave Supergirl her own villains.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

I bought some of those same issues at a comic show last weekend. And I haven't been to a comic show in forever, as I don't really collect comics. The covers are fun, and it's funny to see them change her outfit almost issue to issue. Plus a very solid readable issue is maybe $5.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by rykerw1701
        I bought some of those same issues at a comic show last weekend. And I haven't been to a comic show in forever, as I don't really collect comics. The covers are fun, and it's funny to see them change her outfit almost issue to issue. Plus a very solid readable issue is maybe $5.
        Yep $5 an issue is the going rate fine or better condition. Green Lantern/Arrow and Batman for the coveted issues from 1970-72 Era. Supergirl hasn't been collected in TPB so buying the actual issues are the only way to read them. I don't think there is even a showcase volume of Superman from this era.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎