Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marx/Mego & Lincoln/Tomland - A few questions...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Hombre Nuclear
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 5, 2014

Marx/Mego & Lincoln/Tomland - A few questions...

Hi all,

As a collector of 70s Marx stuff, I'm trying to get a few things straight, namely exactly which Mego items Marx actually released in the UK? As far as I know, it was just the Knights, Pirates and Robin Hood lines, but have all of those figures actually been seen with the Marx stickers slapped on? I've only seen a few of them, personally. Also, is there any evidence the Knights jousting horses saw release in the UK, or have they only been found in Germany?

Afterwards, it seems that Marx started distributing the Pocket Super Heroes (denim carded) in the UK, but I think those have the Lincoln International logo on them. That would seem to confirm (I guess...?) the speculated relationship between Lincoln and Tomland, since both they and Marx were owned by Dunbee/Combex at the time. But how many of those figures were actually released (again, I've only seen a couple of them personally) and is it possible any actually featured the Marx logo instead?

Finally, they did some Black Hole items in the UK, right before going under, but I've only ever seen the walking V.I.N.cent and a pinball/bagatelle game. Is there any evidence the other stuff featured in the 1980 catalogue actually got produced?

Sorry if this (quite overlong) message belongs in one of the Mego sub-forums, but since it's all Marx related, I thought I should put it here.

Thanks!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

There is still a lot of mystery there. The relationship between Lincoln and Tomland has never totally been sussed out.

I will say that the Pocket Superheroes with the Lincoln Logo were for New Zealand. At that point, Lincoln was just importing toys like Micronauts, Speed Burners and Pocket Heroes.

I've purchased many of the UK PSH figures and they don't have any logos, just like the Black Hole characters.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎