Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe series 6 comparisons.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe series 6 comparisons.

Stinkor vintage vs Origins.

muostinkor.JPG

I always liked Stinkor. The black and orange coloring always screamed Halloween to me. The colors really pop. Great looking figure. The orange on the new Stinkor is darker and the red is paler. The red details are painted on the armor. It's just harder to see against the darker orange.

He does stink. He doesn't absolutely reek out of the package like the vintage Stinkor did when he was new. But the smell is there. I compared the Origins figure to my vintage figure and MOTUC Stinkor and the smell is the same or very similar. The odor just isn't as strong. Maybe because the packages aren't airtight anymore and the scent had already faded a bit or maybe it's a modern safety thing? I don't know but it does still stink. At least mine does.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Eternian Goddess

muogg.JPG

This is how the Sorceress/Goddess was colored in the very first mini comic He-Man and the Power Sword. Eternian Goddess is the first female figure to exclusively ship with the corrected knee sculpts. Teela, both Evil-Lyns, She-Ra and even the Sorceress included with Castle Grayskull are all now shipping with the corrected legs.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

For some reason I always likes the Eternian Goddess, just wish they would do more with her. When I see her for sale I will pick her up.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Where exactly is one getting all these MOTU women with new knees? These running changes are baffling.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Where exactly is one getting all these MOTU women with new knees?
          I haven't found any yet. So far, I'm guessing mostly from restocks from online stores like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth. I have heard people have gotten the updated Sorceress figures from Castle Grayskulls ordered from amazon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks.

And shame, shame, shame on Mattel for not varying the accessory colors on the upcoming Wave 7 Stratos variant.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Mosquitor vintage vs Origins.

muomos.JPG

Great looking figure with nearly all new sculpted parts. The torso and blood chamber are smaller in comparison to the the vintage figure but the blood pumping action works exactly the same. Wicked! He comes with his vintage gun, extra gripping hand, head and a semi translucent energy drain effect. Fantastic update. So much better than the MOTUC version. I hated those extra little legs on his back.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Mosquitor..I hated those extra little legs on his back.
                But I freakin' loved those on Webstor!

The design element I've always disliked on Mosquitor are the clunky boots, I think silver Trapjaw legs with red pads would look great and I'm wondering if I can kit-bash this figure a bit with Roboto parts. Always liked his action feature and the drain effect accessory and alternate head are great.

Really appreciate these reviews, T.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 11, '21, 8:02 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Really appreciate these reviews, T.
                  Thanks! I'm glad people find them useful.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I really appreciate them too. I'm not buying the entire line, but I am interested in seeing how they all stack up to the originals.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Eternian Palace Guard.

muoguard.JPG

I believe this is a shared online exclusive. It's available from a wide variety of e-tailers including Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.

The figure comes with a lot of extra bits which gives a nice variety of custom choices. You can have an Eternian Guard or an almost vintage toy Man-at-Arms without moustache. I said almost vintage Man-at-Arms because the helmet detail is not exactly the same. The extra Man-at-Arms head has the same helmet sculpt as the guard head. You can also use the right side armor pieces with the first series Man-at-Arms for a Filmation look. The weapon is the same as Scare Glows and the shield is Stinkors all molded in silvery grey.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Webstor vintage vs Origins.

muoweb.JPG

A very faithful update aside from the brighter color. The climbing action feature works. But they did change it a little. The string is thicker and much shorter. There are also little hooks on each side of the backpack to help wrap the string.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Lords of Power Beastman.

muoredbeast.JPG

The weakest figure of a very strong wave. Not a bad figure and it is nice to get a retail release of LOP Beastman. It's just a little bland in comparison to heavy hitters like Webstor and Stinkor. I get what they were doing with it. The retail colors are an homage to the all red Beastman of the early mini comic He-Man and the Power Sword. I just think brighter colors and a smidge more paint would have made him pop a bit more.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Target exclusive Battlefield Warriors 2 pack.

muohmbc.JPG

What an impressive set with loads of accessories and a green rocky base. Battle damaged repaints of Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Cat. The new chrome armor is really striking. Looks fantastic. Battle Cat is molded in a darker green and his armor is a very shiny and iridescent looking. A new He-Man head sculpt with wind swept hair is also included. The weapons are molded in a shiny silvery plastic.
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 31, '21, 2:07 PM.

Comment

• zeedox
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 10, 2007

I just got Sorceress waiting for that comparison too...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎