X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Doom Patrol - Dead Boys Detectives

Season 3 of Doom Patrol was released with the first 3 episodes that picked up after season 2. The third episode has a cross-over with The Dead Boys Detectives. They are another Vertigo Comics title that did cross-over with the other Vertigo titles (Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and Black Orchid). The characters are the ghosts of two dead children, Charles Rowland and Edwin Paine, who, rather than enter the afterlife, stay on Earth to become detectives investigating crimes involving the supernatural.
    s-l640.jpg

Dead Boys Detectives (1).jpg

This is an obscure title to use as a spin-off but it works. Boyfriend & I cannot wait for this series to come out and hope to see them in Doom Patrol again.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks for the heads-up on both. My household is way behind on its must-see TV.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

That's my (unpaid) job!! Like I said the episode was a great start at introducing them. Once you watch it you will see why we are promoting this.

As for Doom Patrol much like the Vertigo series, it is just crazy bonkers show. I had to stop on the comic book because at that time it just went crazy weirder that I liked. Over the years I have changed my reading and now its ok. With that in mind I can handle watching the series even though it is not the usual comic book tv show.

That being said I wonder if Dead Boys Detectives are going to follow regular cop/detective shows or go Supernatural type show.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i have to start on the new season. I thought S2 went a bit overboard on the weirdness factor. i never read the comics so not sure how true to form they are staying

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

The Comic books were just as nutty. I am surprised at how many characters they picked from the comics to show up on the show.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• shaunaconda
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 29, 2020

I recently just watched season 1&2. I loved it! Perfect mix of comedy, drama and weirdness.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎